Subject: 30.0.50; project-find-regexp: "No such file or directory"

From: Manuel Uberti <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2024 08:09:18 +0200

Hi,

this is what I did:

- cd /tmp
- git clone https://git.sr.ht/~manuel-uberti/boodle
- emacs -Q
- M-x toggle-debug-on-error
- C-x p g
- Select the /tmp/boodle directory
- Type "aims" (without the double quotes)
- Hit RET

This what I see:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-missing "Setting current directory"
"No such file or directory" ".clj-kondo/com.github.seancorfield/next.jdbc/")
  call-process-region(1 2600 "/bin/bash" "/tmp/emacsq9N0jG" #<buffer
*project grep output*> nil "-c" "xargs -0 grep -i --null -snHE -e aims")
  xref--process-file-region(1 2600 "/bin/bash" #<buffer  *project grep
output*> nil "-c" "xargs -0 grep -i --null -snHE -e aims")
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x184a0cba35cf44da>)()
  with-connection-local-variables-1(#f(compiled-function () #<bytecode
0x184a0cba35cf44da>))
  xref-matches-in-files("aims"
(".clj-kondo/com.github.seancorfield/next.jdbc/config.edn"
".clj-kondo/com.github.seancorfield/next.jdbc/hooks/com/github/seancorfield/next_jdbc.clj"
".clj-kondo/config.edn" ".dir-locals.el" ".gitignore" "Dockerfile"
"LICENSE" "README.md" "bin/kaocha" "deps.edn" "doc/index.md"
"docker-compose.yml" "etc/boodle.service" "etc/deploy.sh"
"package-lock.json" "package.json" "resources/config/config.docker.edn"
"resources/config/config.edn" "resources/sql/model.sql"
"resources/src/css/bulma-custom.css" "resources/src/css/pikaday.css"
"resources/src/css/re-frame-modal.css" "resources/src/gulpfile.js"
"resources/src/sass/boodle.scss" "shadow-cljs.edn"
"src/clj/boodle/api/aims.clj" "src/clj/boodle/api/categories.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/api/expenses.clj" "src/clj/boodle/api/funds.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/api/savings.clj" "src/clj/boodle/api/transactions.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/core.clj" "src/clj/boodle/model/aims.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/model/categories.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/model/expenses.clj" "src/clj/boodle/model/funds.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/model/savings.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/model/transactions.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/services/http.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/services/postgresql.clj" "src/clj/boodle/utils.clj"
"src/cljs/boodle/ajax.cljs" "src/cljs/boodle/categories/events.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/categories/modal.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/categories/subs.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/categories/views.cljs" "src/cljs/boodle/common.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/core.cljs" "src/cljs/boodle/db.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/events.cljs" ...))
  project--find-regexp-in-files("aims"
(".clj-kondo/com.github.seancorfield/next.jdbc/config.edn"
".clj-kondo/com.github.seancorfield/next.jdbc/hooks/com/github/seancorfield/next_jdbc.clj"
".clj-kondo/config.edn" ".dir-locals.el" ".gitignore" "Dockerfile"
"LICENSE" "README.md" "bin/kaocha" "deps.edn" "doc/index.md"
"docker-compose.yml" "etc/boodle.service" "etc/deploy.sh"
"package-lock.json" "package.json" "resources/config/config.docker.edn"
"resources/config/config.edn" "resources/sql/model.sql"
"resources/src/css/bulma-custom.css" "resources/src/css/pikaday.css"
"resources/src/css/re-frame-modal.css" "resources/src/gulpfile.js"
"resources/src/sass/boodle.scss" "shadow-cljs.edn"
"src/clj/boodle/api/aims.clj" "src/clj/boodle/api/categories.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/api/expenses.clj" "src/clj/boodle/api/funds.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/api/savings.clj" "src/clj/boodle/api/transactions.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/core.clj" "src/clj/boodle/model/aims.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/model/categories.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/model/expenses.clj" "src/clj/boodle/model/funds.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/model/savings.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/model/transactions.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/services/http.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/services/postgresql.clj" "src/clj/boodle/utils.clj"
"src/cljs/boodle/ajax.cljs" "src/cljs/boodle/categories/events.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/categories/modal.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/categories/subs.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/categories/views.cljs" "src/cljs/boodle/common.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/core.cljs" "src/cljs/boodle/db.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/events.cljs" ...))
  apply(project--find-regexp-in-files ("aims"
(".clj-kondo/com.github.seancorfield/next.jdbc/config.edn"
".clj-kondo/com.github.seancorfield/next.jdbc/hooks/com/github/seancorfield/next_jdbc.clj"
".clj-kondo/config.edn" ".dir-locals.el" ".gitignore" "Dockerfile"
"LICENSE" "README.md" "bin/kaocha" "deps.edn" "doc/index.md"
"docker-compose.yml" "etc/boodle.service" "etc/deploy.sh"
"package-lock.json" "package.json" "resources/config/config.docker.edn"
"resources/config/config.edn" "resources/sql/model.sql"
"resources/src/css/bulma-custom.css" "resources/src/css/pikaday.css"
"resources/src/css/re-frame-modal.css" "resources/src/gulpfile.js"
"resources/src/sass/boodle.scss" "shadow-cljs.edn"
"src/clj/boodle/api/aims.clj" "src/clj/boodle/api/categories.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/api/expenses.clj" "src/clj/boodle/api/funds.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/api/savings.clj" "src/clj/boodle/api/transactions.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/core.clj" "src/clj/boodle/model/aims.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/model/categories.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/model/expenses.clj" "src/clj/boodle/model/funds.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/model/savings.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/model/transactions.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/services/http.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/services/postgresql.clj" "src/clj/boodle/utils.clj"
"src/cljs/boodle/ajax.cljs" "src/cljs/boodle/categories/events.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/categories/modal.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/categories/subs.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/categories/views.cljs" "src/cljs/boodle/common.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/core.cljs" "src/cljs/boodle/db.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/events.cljs" ...)))
  #f(compiled-function (&rest args2) #<bytecode -0x5853bc7676c989c>)()
  xref--show-xref-buffer(#f(compiled-function (&rest args2) #<bytecode
-0x5853bc7676c989c>) ((window . #<window 3 on *scratch*>)
(display-action) (auto-jump)))
  xref--show-xrefs(#f(compiled-function (&rest args2) #<bytecode
-0x5853bc7676c989c>) nil)
  xref-show-xrefs(#f(compiled-function (&rest args2) #<bytecode
-0x5853bc7676c989c>) nil)
  project-find-regexp("aims")
  funcall-interactively(project-find-regexp "aims")
  command-execute(project-find-regexp)

I am on Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS using Git 2.34.1.

If you need more details, do let me know.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2024-05-06 built on baruch
Repository revision: c5b4bd69faf9e9af9d95f7c995fffb80a7fc47c9
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12201001
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MONETARY: it_IT.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: it_IT.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: it_IT.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr novice comp-run comp-common rx emacsbug message
mailcap yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util time-date
subr-x mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils help-fns radix-tree cl-print debug backtrace
help-mode find-func files-x vc-git diff-mode track-changes easy-mmode
vc-dispatcher pp cl-seq grep compile text-property-search comint
ansi-osc ansi-color xref ring thingatpt project byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cl-loaddefs cl-lib cus-start cus-load rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 120057 31415) (symbols 48 9343 0) (strings 32 31308 2048)
 (string-bytes 1 1052688) (vectors 16 18183)
 (vector-slots 8 219708 13479) (floats 8 55 24) (intervals 56 868 0)
 (buffers 992 16))

-- 
Manuel Uberti
https://manueluberti.eu