Subject: ConTeXt-mode-cleanup clobbers my paragraph-start

From: Jim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2024 15:52:15 -0300

ConTeXt mode has the defun ConTeXt-mode-cleanup which is the :after-hook
of ConTeXt-mode.  In this cleanup defun, paragraph-start is re-set.
Unfortunately, this over-writes my choice of paragraph-start which I set
in my ConTeXt-mode hook.  Unless there is some ":after-after-hook" or
":really-after-hook" or ":my-after-hook" or some other (unknown to me)
way of doing something after ConTeXt-mode-cleanup, I have to
handraulically (re-)setq paragraph-start after loading my file.

This is not a good thing.

The comment in context.el mentions doing this for reasons similar to the
same part of latex.el,
      ;; Don't do locally-bound test for `LaTeX-paragraph-commands-regexp'
      ;; and `paragraph-start'.  See comments in similar part in latex.el.
but not being a latex user I don't understand why this is desired for latex
users, and so I can't transmogrify that to why context users might want
this.

In any case,
(a) do we really need the paragraph-start setting code in context.el, and
(b) if so, could there be some user option which tells ConTeXt-mode-cleanup
    to *not* setq paragraph-start ?

(Or perhaps there is already a way which I don't have enough emacs-fu to
know.  I am happy to be enlightened.)

Thanks.
                                Jim

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 27.2 (build 1, x86_64-slackware-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.27)
 of 2021-03-25
Package: 14.0.3.2024-03-17

current state:
==============
(setq
 AUCTeX-date "2024-03-17"
 window-system 'x
 LaTeX-version "2e"
 TeX-style-path '("~/.emacs.d/auctex"
		  "/home/zsd/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-14.0.4/style"
		  "/home/zsd/.emacs.d/auctex/auto"
		  "/home/zsd/.emacs.d/auctex/style" "auto" "style")
 TeX-auto-save nil
 TeX-parse-self t
 TeX-master t
 a-bunch-of-other-stuff nil
)