Subject: bug#70796: 30.0.50; bug-reference-mode leading to constant GCing

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2024 23:34:24 +0200

Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Please report back if it helps.
>
> I'm afraid it didn't help yet. It's still GCing constantly, without
> doing anything.
>
> (I used your fix in a running Emacs, with the following change:

Oups.  Fixed on master.

But anyhow, I don't see how bug-reference-fontify could be so costly
GC-wise...

FWIW, I think goto-address-mode (buttonizing URLs and email addresses)
will probably have the same effect, at least the code looks pretty
similar.  Can you confirm?

I'll have a look at you sample file tomorrow.  How do you make GCs
"visible" so that I can see when excessive GCing starts/stops?

Bye,
  Tassilo