Subject: Re: bug#70791: 30.0.50; edebug-remove-instrumentation doesn't see instrumented functions

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2024 21:07:52 +0200

Stefan Monnier via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of
text editors" <[email-masked]> writes:

> > I noticed that after instrumenting a function
> > (edebug-remove-instrumentation) doesn't let you uninstrument it,
> > showing:
>
> I believe it should be fixed now on `master`.  Thanks.

Works for me.  Did not test extensively but simple examples
work again.

> Side note: as it is currently implemented,
> `edebug-remove-instrumentation` cannot work reliably (and the way it
> discovers the set of functions that can be un-instrumented is quite
> wasteful, tho it seems it does the job), so I recommend you `C-M-x` to
> redefine the function instead.

One important use case is the ability to deinstrument all functions at
once in a convenient way, so I think we at least want to keep some kind
of deinstrumenting function.

Thanks,

Michael.