Subject: 30.0.50; xfaces crash

From: Madhu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 May 2024 23:10:19 +0530 (IST)

Hello, FTR I'm attaching the decoded addr2line crash backtrace, no gdb
backtrace yet.  In this case the crash happened when I evaluated the
following form:

```
(set-fontset-font "fontset-default" (cons #x0591 #xFB4F) "Taamey D")
```

I think I've seen this a few times but I don't have a reproducible
recipe yet and way too many fonts on my system.  I'll follow up on any
suggestions which might produce a better test case.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.17.8, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2024-04-05 built on maher
Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=athena --with-native-compilation -C'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM
LUCID ZLIB

sed -n 's/.*\[\(.*\)]$/\1/p' emacs.log | addr2line -C -f -i -p -e /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/emacs
emacs_backtrace at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/sysdep.c:2374
terminate_due_to_signal at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/emacs.c:473
Fget_internal_run_time at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/sysdep.c:4528 (discriminator 1)
deliver_thread_signal at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/sysdep.c:1782
stack_overflow at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/sysdep.c:1892
 (inlined by) handle_sigsegv at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/sysdep.c:1937
?? ??:0
make_lisp_ptr at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/lisp.h:1387
 (inlined by) realize_default_face at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/xfaces.c:5864
 (inlined by) realize_basic_faces at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/xfaces.c:5798
recompute_basic_faces at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/xfaces.c:719 (discriminator 1)
 (inlined by) recompute_basic_faces at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/xfaces.c:714 (discriminator 1)
Fset_fontset_font at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/fontset.c:1723
eval_sub at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/eval.c:2542
Feval at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/eval.c:2390
exec_byte_code at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/bytecode.c:814 (discriminator 1)
Ffuncall at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/eval.c:3024
Fhandler_bind_1 at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/eval.c:1404 (discriminator 1)
exec_byte_code at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/bytecode.c:814 (discriminator 1)
apply_lambda at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/eval.c:3144
eval_sub at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/eval.c:2626
Flet at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/eval.c:1010 (discriminator 3)
eval_sub at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/eval.c:2476 (discriminator 1)
Fprogn at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/eval.c:432 (discriminator 1)
 (inlined by) funcall_lambda at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/eval.c:3273 (discriminator 1)
Ffuncall at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/eval.c:3024
Ffuncall_interactively at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/callint.c:250 (discriminator 1)
Ffuncall at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/eval.c:3024
safe_free_unbind_to at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/lisp.h:5708
 (inlined by) Fcall_interactively at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/callint.c:790
exec_byte_code at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/bytecode.c:814 (discriminator 1)
Ffuncall at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/eval.c:3024
command_loop_1 at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/keyboard.c:1558 (discriminator 1)
internal_condition_case at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/eval.c:1539
command_loop_2 at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/keyboard.c:1168 (discriminator 1)
internal_catch at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/eval.c:1219
command_loop at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/keyboard.c:1149
EQ at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/lisp.h:1370 (discriminator 2)
 (inlined by) recursive_edit_1 at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/keyboard.c:754 (discriminator 2)
Frecursive_edit at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/keyboard.c:837 (discriminator 1)
load_seccomp at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/emacs.c:1230
 (inlined by) maybe_load_seccomp at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/emacs.c:1295
 (inlined by) main at /14/build/emacs/build-xt-native/src/../../src/emacs.c:1324
?? ??:0
?? ??:0
_start at /usr/src/debug/sys-libs/glibc-2.38-r9/glibc-2.38/csu/../sysdeps/x86_64/start.S:117