Subject: bug#70782: [PATCH] Set magit commit summary length in dir-locals

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 May 2024 15:14:25 +0200

Paul Nelson <[email-masked]> writes:

> Unfortunately, it uses text-mode (and I don't know of any way to
> associate .dir-locals entries with minor modes.)

Thanks.  Your proposal has another side effect for people not having
Magit installed: I get the following when I open a file inside AUCTeX
repo with your change installed:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
The local variables list in /path/to/auctex/
or .dir-locals.el contains values that may not be safe (*).

Do you want to apply it?  You can type
y  -- to apply the local variables list.
n  -- to ignore the local variables list.
!  -- to apply the local variables list, and permanently mark these
      values (*) as safe (in the future, they will be set automatically.)
i  -- to ignore the local variables list, and permanently mark these
      values (*) as ignored
+  -- to apply the local variables list, and trust all directory-local
      variables in this directory
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Maybe we should skip this and you add that bit to your personal
.dir-locals-2.el file inside AUCTeX repo?

Best, Arash