Subject: 30.0.50; display-delayed-warnings does not respect display-buffer-alist

From: Protesilaos Stavrou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2024 21:30:25 +0300

Dear maintainers,

The display-delayed-warnings does not conform with display-buffer-no-window.

To test this, I create a new directory and write an init.el with the
following contents:

    (setq display-buffer-alist
          '(("\\`\\*\\(Warnings\\|Compile-Log\\|Org Links\\)\\*\\'"
             (display-buffer-no-window)
             (allow-no-window . t))))

Then I start Emacs with:

     emacs --init-directory=/path/to/testing/dir/

This produces the following:

    display-delayed-warnings: Wrong type argument: window-live-p, nil
    Error in delayed-warnings-hook (display-delayed-warnings): (wrong-type-argument window-live-p nil)

What I ultimately want is to not see those warnings at startup. I know I
can do it by setting the delayed-warnings-hook to nil, though there may
be a better option I have not discovered yet...

Thank you for your time,
Protesilaos (or simply "Prot")

* * *

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.38, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2024-05-04 built on kronos
Repository revision: fa0f65aa342e181e0e98f55cbf5d9a9be5ed3be6
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101007
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-native-compilation=aot --without-gif --without-tiff
 --without-selinux --without-xinput2 --without-gpm
 --without-compress-install --without-xft --with-cairo --with-harfbuzz
 --with-tree-sitter=ifavailable --without-gsettings --without-gconf'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GLIB GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2 LIBOTF
LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER
PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XPM
GTK3 ZLIB

-- 
Protesilaos Stavrou
https://protesilaos.com