Subject: Re: [bug#70766] Request to merge "gnome-team" branch

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2024 17:51:04 +0100

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Freitag, dem 24.05.2024 um 15:14 +0100 schrieb Christopher Baines:
>> Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> > Am Freitag, dem 17.05.2024 um 09:11 +0100 schrieb Christopher
>> > Baines:
>> > > gtk is failing to build on aarch64-linux which is blocking lots
>> > > of packages, and the failure looks familiar but I haven't made
>> > > any progress looking at it.
>> > 
>> > That looks like trouble.  I've fixed up some breaking builds on
>> > x86, but I think we might have to block the merge for now if aarch
>> > can't be fixed.
>> 
>> I've now pushed 36e49999227e4f621c211ed5f1a506a3046052df to gnome-
>> team which I hope will fix gtk where it's broken.
>
> QA looks good[1].

Things had flipped to unknown rather than blocked, but I think there
were still some blocked builds, but mostly due to a flaky
python-scikit-image test.

I've now pushed a fix for that to master [1] and rebased
gnome-team. I've also squashed my gtk change in to the gtk update
commit.

2: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/70997

> How do we proceed with the merge?  Just `git merge`?  Or should we
> rebase on gnome-team and then merge?

Now that I've rebased the branch, it'll take a little while for QA to
check things again, but I don't know of any problems.

To merge it to master, you can either just merge, or rebase and merge
(so that it's a fast forward rebase).