Subject: [bug#70766] Request for merging "gnome-team" branch

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2024 12:56:36 +0100

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Samstag, dem 04.05.2024 um 08:41 +0200 schrieb Liliana Marie
> Prikler:
>> Hi Guix,
>>
>> gnome-team currently has some important updates to gtk and webkitgtk
>> that I'd like to see on master.  Unfortunately, CI has yet to rebuild
>> some Java stuff that is ultimately needed by the gnome metapackage.
>
> I locally built gnome and it builds fine; I haven't tested it yet,
> however.

Sounds good, there is the open merge request for core-updates, but I
think it's sensible to not block these changes until after core-updates
is dealt with as I think that is realistically still several weeks away
at least. If anyone thinks differently, we can wait instead, but I'll
mark the request to merge core-updates as being blocked by this issue to
signal this.

This might be getting ahead of ourselves as well, but would you be able
to rebase the branch, ideally on the most recently processed master
commit here [1], as that'll enable QA to work out what has changed on
the branch. This should also get rid of the merge commit on the
gnome-team branch, which I think is something to avoid.

1: https://data.qa.guix.gnu.org/repository/2/branch/master

Thanks,

Chris