Subject: bug#70760: 29.3.50; core dumps when copy in other apps

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2024 12:32:29 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Eli,

>> But what if an event is added to the input event queue, which has an
>> arbitrary format? Or an existing event has been modified? It could look
>> like a D-Bus event (the car of the event is `dbus-event'), but the rest
>> of the list is random. It must not come via the dbusevent.c mechanism
>> I've explained above, anybody can push such an event onto then input
>> event queue. But I have no idea how to debug this.
>
> Which file descriptors do we listen to, apart of sub-processes and
> inotify?

See xd_add_watch. xd_find_watch_fd returns the file descriptor
reponsible for a given D-Bus connection (this is a bus like the system
bus, the session bus, or a private bus). This file descriptor is added
to Emacs via add_write_fd and add_read_fd, using the callback
xd_read_queued_messages. So it might look like a subprocess ...

Best regards, Michael.