Subject: bug#70760: 29.3.50; core dumps when copy in other apps

From: Kun Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2024 14:06:11 -0700

I started dbus-monitor to monitor both session and system messages. Then I
repeated the test mentioned in the last message.

The relevant lines in the "dbus-monitor --system" output: (please note that
the dbus address is different from the previous test)
method call time=1715806663.121956 sender=:1.82 ->
destination=org.freedesktop.DBus serial=1 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus;
interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=Hello
method return time=1715806663.121973 sender=org.freedesktop.DBus ->
destination=:1.82 serial=1 reply_serial=1
   string ":1.82"
signal time=1715806663.121976 sender=org.freedesktop.DBus ->
destination=(null destination) serial=101 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus;
interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameOwnerChanged
   string ":1.82"
   string ""
   string ":1.82"
signal time=1715806663.121981 sender=org.freedesktop.DBus ->
destination=:1.82 serial=2 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus;
interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameAcquired
   string ":1.82"
method call time=1715806663.130182 sender=:1.82 ->
destination=org.freedesktop.DBus serial=2 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus;
interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=AddMatch
   string
"type='signal',interface='org.freedesktop.DBus.Local',member='Disconnected',path='/org/freedesktop/DBus/Local'"
method return time=1715806663.130202 sender=org.freedesktop.DBus ->
destination=:1.82 serial=3 reply_serial=2
...
signal time=1715806675.545929 sender=org.freedesktop.DBus ->
destination=:1.82 serial=4 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus;
interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameLost
   string ":1.82"
signal time=1715806675.545978 sender=org.freedesktop.DBus ->
destination=(null destination) serial=102 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus;
interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameOwnerChanged
   string ":1.82"
   string ":1.82"
   string ""

The relevant lines in the "dbus-monitor" output:
method call time=1715806663.132226 sender=:1.177 ->
destination=org.freedesktop.DBus serial=1 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus;
interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=Hello
method return time=1715806663.132238 sender=org.freedesktop.DBus ->
destination=:1.177 serial=1 reply_serial=1
   string ":1.177"
signal time=1715806663.132242 sender=org.freedesktop.DBus ->
destination=(null destination) serial=704 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus;
interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameOwnerChanged
   string ":1.177"
   string ""
   string ":1.177"
signal time=1715806663.132246 sender=org.freedesktop.DBus ->
destination=:1.177 serial=2 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus;
interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameAcquired
   string ":1.177"
method call time=1715806663.132256 sender=:1.153 ->
destination=org.freedesktop.DBus serial=657 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus;
interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=GetConnectionUnixProcessID
   string ":1.177"
method call time=1715806663.132987 sender=:1.177 ->
destination=org.freedesktop.DBus serial=2 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus;
interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=AddMatch
   string
"type='signal',interface='org.freedesktop.DBus.Local',member='Disconnected',path='/org/freedesktop/DBus/Local'"
method return time=1715806663.132998 sender=org.freedesktop.DBus ->
destination=:1.177 serial=3 reply_serial=2
signal time=1715806675.543269 sender=org.freedesktop.DBus ->
destination=:1.177 serial=4 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus;
interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameLost
   string ":1.177"
signal time=1715806675.543406 sender=org.freedesktop.DBus ->
destination=(null destination) serial=706 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus;
interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameOwnerChanged
   string ":1.177"
   string ":1.177"
   string ""

On Wed, May 15, 2024 at 11:25 AM Kun Liu <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I did some more tests.
>
> On fresh start, I open a new org file, say '/tmp/test.org'. I will
> immediately see the following in *Messages* buffer. Opening other files (I
> tried csv, py, txt, cpp, c, java) has no such effect.
>
> (New file)
> xd_add_watch: fd 14, write 2, enabled 0
> xd_add_watch: fd 14, write 0, enabled 1
> Fdbus__init_bus: Registered buses: ((:system . 23518017264452))
> Fdbus__init_bus: Bus :system, Reference counter 2
> Fdbus_message_internal: DBUS_MESSAGE_TYPE_METHOD_CALL :system
> org.freedesktop.DBus /org/freedesktop/DBus org.freedesktop.DBus AddMatch
> dbus-call-method-handler
> Fdbus_message_internal: Parameter1:
> type='signal',interface='org.freedesktop.DBus.Local',member='Disconnected',path='/org/freedesktop/DBus/Local'
> xd_signature: s
> xd_append_arg: s
> type='signal',interface='org.freedesktop.DBus.Local',member='Disconnected',path='/org/freedesktop/DBus/Local'
> Fdbus_message_internal: Message sent: (:serial :system 2)
> xd_retrieve_arg: s :1.492
> xd_read_message_1: Event received: DBUS_MESSAGE_TYPE_SIGNAL 2
> org.freedesktop.DBus :1.492 /org/freedesktop/DBus org.freedesktop.DBus
> NameAcquired ((:string :1.492))
> xd_read_message_1: Event received: DBUS_MESSAGE_TYPE_METHOD_RETURN 2
> org.freedesktop.DBus :1.492 (null) (null) (null) nil
> xd_read_message_1: Event stored: (:system 2 2 org.freedesktop.DBus :1.492
> nil nil nil dbus-call-method-handler)
> DBus-Event (dbus-event :system 2 2 org.freedesktop.DBus :1.492 nil nil nil
> dbus-call-method-handler) [3 times]
> Matching rule
> "type='signal',interface='org.freedesktop.DBus.Local',member='Disconnected',path='/org/freedesktop/DBus/Local'"
> created
> xd_add_watch: fd 15, write 2, enabled 0
> xd_add_watch: fd 15, write 0, enabled 1
> Fdbus__init_bus: Registered buses: ((:session . 23518017267316) (:system .
> 23518017264452))
> Fdbus__init_bus: Bus :session, Reference counter 2
> Fdbus_message_internal: DBUS_MESSAGE_TYPE_METHOD_CALL :session
> org.freedesktop.DBus /org/freedesktop/DBus org.freedesktop.DBus AddMatch
> dbus-call-method-handler
> Fdbus_message_internal: Parameter1:
> type='signal',interface='org.freedesktop.DBus.Local',member='Disconnected',path='/org/freedesktop/DBus/Local'
> xd_signature: s
> xd_append_arg: s
> type='signal',interface='org.freedesktop.DBus.Local',member='Disconnected',path='/org/freedesktop/DBus/Local'
> Fdbus_message_internal: Message sent: (:serial :session 2)
> xd_retrieve_arg: s :1.1051
> xd_read_message_1: Event received: DBUS_MESSAGE_TYPE_SIGNAL 2
> org.freedesktop.DBus :1.1051 /org/freedesktop/DBus org.freedesktop.DBus
> NameAcquired ((:string :1.1051))
> xd_read_message_1: Event received: DBUS_MESSAGE_TYPE_METHOD_RETURN 2
> org.freedesktop.DBus :1.1051 (null) (null) (null) nil
> xd_read_message_1: Event stored: (:session 2 2 org.freedesktop.DBus
> :1.1051 nil nil nil dbus-call-method-handler)
> DBus-Event (dbus-event :session 2 2 org.freedesktop.DBus :1.1051 nil nil
> nil dbus-call-method-handler) [3 times]
> Matching rule
> "type='signal',interface='org.freedesktop.DBus.Local',member='Disconnected',path='/org/freedesktop/DBus/Local'"
> created
>
> On Wed, May 15, 2024 at 10:54 AM Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
> wrote:
>
>> Kun Liu <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> > Here is a couple of instances of what I saw in *Messages* right after
>> > I was able to trigger the problem.
>>
>> So no messages from dbusbond.c, which is good for analysis: the events
>> haven't benn inserted via the D-Bus system of your machine.
>>
>> > case 1:
>> >
>> > DBus-Event (dbus-event :post-blank 0 :post-affiliated 1455145 :mode
>> > nil :granularity element :cached t :parent (section (:begin 1179957 :
>> > end 1609350 :contents-begin 1179957 :contents-end 1609349 :
>> > robust-begin 1179957 :robust-end 1609347 :post-blank 1 :
>> > post-affiliated 1179957 :mode section :granularity element :cached t :
>> > parent (headline (:raw-value Old stuff :begin 1179945 :end 1609350 :
>> > pre-blank 0 :contents-begin 1179957 :contents-end 1609349 :
>> > robust-begin 1180109 :robust-end 1609347 :level 1 :priority nil :tags
>> > nil :todo-keyword nil :todo-type nil :post-blank 1 :footnote-section-p
>> > nil :archivedp nil :commentedp nil :post-affiliated 1179945 :
>> > ARCHIVE_TIME 2020-10-17 Sat 15:00 :ARCHIVE_FILE ~/work/worklog.org :
>> > ARCHIVE_OLPATH Scratch :ARCHIVE_CATEGORY worklog :title Old stuff :
>> > mode nil :granularity element :cached t :parent (org-data (:begin 1 :
>> > contents-begin 1 :contents-end 15432855 :end 15432856 :robust-begin 3 :
>> > robust-end 15432853 :post-blank 1 :post-affiliated 1 :path
>> > /home/kun/work/worklog.org_archive :mode org-data :CATEGORY worklog :
>> > cached t :org-element--cache-sync-key nil)) :
>> > org-element--cache-sync-key nil)) :org-element--cache-sync-key nil)) :
>> > org-element--cache-sync-key nil) [2 times]
>> > Entering debugger...
>> > DBus-Event (dbus-event x . make4ht)
>> > funcall-interactively: Wrong type argument: listp, "make4ht"
>>
>> The :post-blank keyword exist in org/*.el files only.
>>
>> > case 2:
>> >
>> > DBus-Event (dbus-event :post-blank 0 :post-affiliated 1455145 :mode
>> > nil :granularity element :cached t :parent (section (:begin 1179957 :
>> > end 1609350 :contents-begin 1179957 :contents-end 1609349 :
>> > robust-begin 1179957 :robust-end 1609347 :post-blank 1 :
>> > post-affiliated 1179957 :mode section :granularity element :cached t :
>> > parent (headline (:raw-value Old stuff :begin 1179945 :end 1609350 :
>> > pre-blank 0 :contents-begin 1179957 :contents-end 1609349 :
>> > robust-begin 1180109 :robust-end 1609347 :level 1 :priority nil :tags
>> > nil :todo-keyword nil :todo-type nil :post-blank 1 :footnote-section-p
>> > nil :archivedp nil :commentedp nil :post-affiliated 1179945 :
>> > ARCHIVE_TIME 2020-10-17 Sat 15:00 :ARCHIVE_FILE ~/work/worklog.org :
>> > ARCHIVE_OLPATH Scratch :ARCHIVE_CATEGORY worklog :title Old stuff :
>> > mode nil :granularity element :cached t :parent (org-data (:begin 1 :
>> > contents-begin 1 :contents-end 15432855 :end 15432856 :robust-begin 3 :
>> > robust-end 15432853 :post-blank 1 :post-affiliated 1 :path
>> > /home/kun/work/worklog.org_archive :mode org-data :CATEGORY worklog :
>> > cached t :org-element--cache-sync-key nil)) :
>> > org-element--cache-sync-key nil)) :org-element--cache-sync-key nil)) :
>> > org-element--cache-sync-key nil) [2 times]
>> > dbus-event-bus-name: D-Bus error: "Not a valid D-Bus event",
>> > (dbus-event :post-blank 0 :post-affiliated 1455145 :mode nil :
>> > granularity element :cached ...)
>>
>> And here the same.
>>
>> Could it be, that org-mode plays with events?
>>
>> Best regards, Michael.
>>
>