Subject: Re: bug#70760: 29.3.50; core dumps when copy in other apps

From: Kun Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2024 11:25:13 -0700

I did some more tests.

On fresh start, I open a new org file, say '/tmp/test.org'. I will
immediately see the following in *Messages* buffer. Opening other files (I
tried csv, py, txt, cpp, c, java) has no such effect.

(New file)
xd_add_watch: fd 14, write 2, enabled 0
xd_add_watch: fd 14, write 0, enabled 1
Fdbus__init_bus: Registered buses: ((:system . 23518017264452))
Fdbus__init_bus: Bus :system, Reference counter 2
Fdbus_message_internal: DBUS_MESSAGE_TYPE_METHOD_CALL :system
org.freedesktop.DBus /org/freedesktop/DBus org.freedesktop.DBus AddMatch
dbus-call-method-handler
Fdbus_message_internal: Parameter1:
type='signal',interface='org.freedesktop.DBus.Local',member='Disconnected',path='/org/freedesktop/DBus/Local'
xd_signature: s
xd_append_arg: s
type='signal',interface='org.freedesktop.DBus.Local',member='Disconnected',path='/org/freedesktop/DBus/Local'
Fdbus_message_internal: Message sent: (:serial :system 2)
xd_retrieve_arg: s :1.492
xd_read_message_1: Event received: DBUS_MESSAGE_TYPE_SIGNAL 2
org.freedesktop.DBus :1.492 /org/freedesktop/DBus org.freedesktop.DBus
NameAcquired ((:string :1.492))
xd_read_message_1: Event received: DBUS_MESSAGE_TYPE_METHOD_RETURN 2
org.freedesktop.DBus :1.492 (null) (null) (null) nil
xd_read_message_1: Event stored: (:system 2 2 org.freedesktop.DBus :1.492
nil nil nil dbus-call-method-handler)
DBus-Event (dbus-event :system 2 2 org.freedesktop.DBus :1.492 nil nil nil
dbus-call-method-handler) [3 times]
Matching rule
"type='signal',interface='org.freedesktop.DBus.Local',member='Disconnected',path='/org/freedesktop/DBus/Local'"
created
xd_add_watch: fd 15, write 2, enabled 0
xd_add_watch: fd 15, write 0, enabled 1
Fdbus__init_bus: Registered buses: ((:session . 23518017267316) (:system .
23518017264452))
Fdbus__init_bus: Bus :session, Reference counter 2
Fdbus_message_internal: DBUS_MESSAGE_TYPE_METHOD_CALL :session
org.freedesktop.DBus /org/freedesktop/DBus org.freedesktop.DBus AddMatch
dbus-call-method-handler
Fdbus_message_internal: Parameter1:
type='signal',interface='org.freedesktop.DBus.Local',member='Disconnected',path='/org/freedesktop/DBus/Local'
xd_signature: s
xd_append_arg: s
type='signal',interface='org.freedesktop.DBus.Local',member='Disconnected',path='/org/freedesktop/DBus/Local'
Fdbus_message_internal: Message sent: (:serial :session 2)
xd_retrieve_arg: s :1.1051
xd_read_message_1: Event received: DBUS_MESSAGE_TYPE_SIGNAL 2
org.freedesktop.DBus :1.1051 /org/freedesktop/DBus org.freedesktop.DBus
NameAcquired ((:string :1.1051))
xd_read_message_1: Event received: DBUS_MESSAGE_TYPE_METHOD_RETURN 2
org.freedesktop.DBus :1.1051 (null) (null) (null) nil
xd_read_message_1: Event stored: (:session 2 2 org.freedesktop.DBus :1.1051
nil nil nil dbus-call-method-handler)
DBus-Event (dbus-event :session 2 2 org.freedesktop.DBus :1.1051 nil nil
nil dbus-call-method-handler) [3 times]
Matching rule
"type='signal',interface='org.freedesktop.DBus.Local',member='Disconnected',path='/org/freedesktop/DBus/Local'"
created

On Wed, May 15, 2024 at 10:54 AM Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Kun Liu <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> Hi,
>
> > Here is a couple of instances of what I saw in *Messages* right after
> > I was able to trigger the problem.
>
> So no messages from dbusbond.c, which is good for analysis: the events
> haven't benn inserted via the D-Bus system of your machine.
>
> > case 1:
> >
> > DBus-Event (dbus-event :post-blank 0 :post-affiliated 1455145 :mode
> > nil :granularity element :cached t :parent (section (:begin 1179957 :
> > end 1609350 :contents-begin 1179957 :contents-end 1609349 :
> > robust-begin 1179957 :robust-end 1609347 :post-blank 1 :
> > post-affiliated 1179957 :mode section :granularity element :cached t :
> > parent (headline (:raw-value Old stuff :begin 1179945 :end 1609350 :
> > pre-blank 0 :contents-begin 1179957 :contents-end 1609349 :
> > robust-begin 1180109 :robust-end 1609347 :level 1 :priority nil :tags
> > nil :todo-keyword nil :todo-type nil :post-blank 1 :footnote-section-p
> > nil :archivedp nil :commentedp nil :post-affiliated 1179945 :
> > ARCHIVE_TIME 2020-10-17 Sat 15:00 :ARCHIVE_FILE ~/work/worklog.org :
> > ARCHIVE_OLPATH Scratch :ARCHIVE_CATEGORY worklog :title Old stuff :
> > mode nil :granularity element :cached t :parent (org-data (:begin 1 :
> > contents-begin 1 :contents-end 15432855 :end 15432856 :robust-begin 3 :
> > robust-end 15432853 :post-blank 1 :post-affiliated 1 :path
> > /home/kun/work/worklog.org_archive :mode org-data :CATEGORY worklog :
> > cached t :org-element--cache-sync-key nil)) :
> > org-element--cache-sync-key nil)) :org-element--cache-sync-key nil)) :
> > org-element--cache-sync-key nil) [2 times]
> > Entering debugger...
> > DBus-Event (dbus-event x . make4ht)
> > funcall-interactively: Wrong type argument: listp, "make4ht"
>
> The :post-blank keyword exist in org/*.el files only.
>
> > case 2:
> >
> > DBus-Event (dbus-event :post-blank 0 :post-affiliated 1455145 :mode
> > nil :granularity element :cached t :parent (section (:begin 1179957 :
> > end 1609350 :contents-begin 1179957 :contents-end 1609349 :
> > robust-begin 1179957 :robust-end 1609347 :post-blank 1 :
> > post-affiliated 1179957 :mode section :granularity element :cached t :
> > parent (headline (:raw-value Old stuff :begin 1179945 :end 1609350 :
> > pre-blank 0 :contents-begin 1179957 :contents-end 1609349 :
> > robust-begin 1180109 :robust-end 1609347 :level 1 :priority nil :tags
> > nil :todo-keyword nil :todo-type nil :post-blank 1 :footnote-section-p
> > nil :archivedp nil :commentedp nil :post-affiliated 1179945 :
> > ARCHIVE_TIME 2020-10-17 Sat 15:00 :ARCHIVE_FILE ~/work/worklog.org :
> > ARCHIVE_OLPATH Scratch :ARCHIVE_CATEGORY worklog :title Old stuff :
> > mode nil :granularity element :cached t :parent (org-data (:begin 1 :
> > contents-begin 1 :contents-end 15432855 :end 15432856 :robust-begin 3 :
> > robust-end 15432853 :post-blank 1 :post-affiliated 1 :path
> > /home/kun/work/worklog.org_archive :mode org-data :CATEGORY worklog :
> > cached t :org-element--cache-sync-key nil)) :
> > org-element--cache-sync-key nil)) :org-element--cache-sync-key nil)) :
> > org-element--cache-sync-key nil) [2 times]
> > dbus-event-bus-name: D-Bus error: "Not a valid D-Bus event",
> > (dbus-event :post-blank 0 :post-affiliated 1455145 :mode nil :
> > granularity element :cached ...)
>
> And here the same.
>
> Could it be, that org-mode plays with events?
>
> Best regards, Michael.
>