Subject: bug#7076: Command required

From: Imran Shoaib <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 15:10:48 +0500

How can we extract few characters from second or third line of a text
file using cut command of Linux OS?

For example: to get 7-10 characters from 3rd line of a text file is
required, what can be the command?

Regards,

Imran

This E-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which
they are addressed. If you have received this E-mail in error
please notify the sender or mailto:[email-masked]. This E-mail
message and attachment, if any, has been scanned for all known
viruses, however we advice the recipient to check this E-mail and
any attachments for the presence of viruses, UBL accepts no
liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this
E-mail. Further, e-mail transmission is not guaranteed as
error-free. UBL therefore does not accept liability for any errors
or omissions in the contents of any messages that arise out of
e-mail transmission.