Subject: bug#7074: 24.0.50; Checking in with C-x v v leaves me with only one window

From: Aidan Gauland <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 22:23:45 +1200

Committing changes in a file under version control (using git as the
backend)-- by typing C-x v v (bound to vc-next-action), entering a
message, and then typing C-c C-c-- does not return the frame to its
window configuration before running the command, but instead leaves only
one window in the frame.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.5 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2010-09-19 on dimension8
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
configured using `configure  '--with-imagemagick''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_NZ.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Diary

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-log-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
n k n k n k k k k k k k k k n n n n n n n n n n n n 
p p p p p p p p M-< n n n k M-< M-> p k x C-x k <return> 
C-M-S-l C-M-S-j C-x 0 C-M-S-h C-x b <return> C-x 2 
C-x b r e c <return> C-M-S-l C-x b <return> M-x n e 
w s <tab> s h o <tab> <return> n e w s <return> u o 
O o <return> o o o o o o o O O O O O O O O O O O O 
O O O O C-M-S-h C-M-S-k C-M-S-j C-h c C-g M-` t v C-g 
C-M-S-l <return> O O o o O O O p p p p C-p C-p p <return> 
O O <C-up> <C-up> <down> g u g O O O O o o o o o o 
o o O O C-x k <return> M-x n e w s <tab> s t o <tab> 
<return> C-h c C-c v C-h x C-h c x C-h c C-x v v M-` 
t v C-g M-x e m a c s <tab> - <backspace> s u b <tab> 
m <tab> <M-backspace> b u g <tab> <tab> M-b C-8 * C-/ 
* <backspace> <M-backspace> <backspace> * b u g <tab> 
<tab> M-b M-b M-t M-f M-f M-f M-t <tab> <tab> C-a C-k 
e m a <tab> r e b <tab> <tab> <backspace> <backspace> 
e p <tab> <tab> <backspace> <backspace> s <backspace> 
<backspace> s u b <tab> <tab> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <tab> <M-backspace> s u b <tab> <M-backspace> 
<M-backspace> b u g C-a * C-e <tab> <tab> <M-backspace> 
r e w <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
r e p <tab> o <tab> r <tab> <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Preparing newsticker buffer...
C-g runs the command keyboard-quit
Quit
Newsticker stopped!
C-c v is undefined
x runs the command self-insert-command
C-x v v runs the command vc-next-action
Quit
transpose-subr-1: Don't have two things to transpose
Making completion list... [4 times]

Load-path shadows:
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-remember hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-remember
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-tangle hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-exp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-exp
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-protocol hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-protocol
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-docbook hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-docbook
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-icalendar hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-icalendar
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-ruby hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-exp-blocks hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-exp-blocks
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-archive hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-archive
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mouse hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mouse
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mks hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mks
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-vm hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-vm
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-C hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-C
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-exp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-exp
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mobile hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mobile
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-capture hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-capture
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-bibtex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-habit hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-habit
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-beamer hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-beamer
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-jsinfo hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-jsinfo
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-latex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-latex
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-publish hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-publish
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-html hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-html
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-compat hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-compat
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-clojure hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-R hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-R
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-inlinetask hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-datetree hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-datetree
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-mscgen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-lob hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lob
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-ref hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ref
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-comint hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-comint
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mew hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mew
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-ditaa hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-ctags hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-ctags
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-python hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-python
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-colview hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-colview
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-screen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-screen
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-latex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-latex
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-eval hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-eval
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mac-message hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mac-message
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-plot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-plot
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-table hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-table
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-id hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-id
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-taskjuggler hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-taskjuggler
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-gnus hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-gnus
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-entities hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-entities
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-xoxo hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-xoxo
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-freemind hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-freemind
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-sh hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sh
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-bbdb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-sqlite hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-footnote hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-footnote
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-attach hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-attach
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mhe hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mhe
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-install hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-install
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-docview hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-docview
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-haskell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-ocaml hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-rmail hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-rmail
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-perl hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-perl
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-timer hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-timer
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-wl hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-wl
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-crypt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-crypt
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-matlab hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-info hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-info
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-list hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-list
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-css hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-css
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-feed hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-feed
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-ascii hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-ascii
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-macs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-macs
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-src hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-src
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-indent hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-indent
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-sass hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sass
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-clock hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-clock
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-keys hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-keys
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-faces hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-faces
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-table hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-table
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-dot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-dot
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-agenda hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-agenda
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-sql hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sql
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-asymptote hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-octave hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-octave
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-irc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-irc
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-w3m hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-w3m

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message sendmail rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader emacsbug
tmm electric mule-util org2atom etags tramp-cache epa-file epa epg
epg-config tramp tramp-compat auth-source gnus-util password-cache
tramp-loaddefs cus-edit multi-isearch org-publish debug newcomment
two-column rect browse-url newst-plainview newst-ticker newst-reader
newst-backend xml derived help-mode iso-transl erc-track erc-ring
erc-networks erc-netsplit erc-menu erc-match erc-log erc-pcomplete
pcomplete erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp wid-edit erc-join windmove
ispell make-mode cc-mode cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs dired jka-compr info scheme org-w3m org-irc
org-inlinetask org-habit org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp
org-exp-blocks org-agenda org-info org-id org-docview org-ctags
org-crypt org-bibtex org-bbdb org byte-opt warnings bytecomp
byte-compile ob-sh shell ob-eval ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint comint ring ob-keys ob org-list
org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs time-date noutline outline
easy-mmode finder-inf package server edmacro kmacro view cal-china lunar
solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs
vc-git appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs regexp-opt cal-menu easymenu
calendar cal-loaddefs ido undo-tree erc-goodies erc erc-backend
erc-compat format-spec thingatpt pp tls saveplace uniquify paren avoid
time desktop cus-start cus-load smarttabs advice help-fns advice-preload
htmlize cl cl-19 aes slime-autoloads jabber-autoloads tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom
widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)