Subject: bug#7074: closed (Re: bug#7074: 24.0.50; Checking in with C-x v v leaves me with only one window)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 07:03:05 +0000

Your bug report

#7074: 24.0.50; Checking in with C-x v v leaves me with only one window

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
7074: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=7074
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#7074: 24.0.50; Checking in with C-x v v leaves me with only one window
From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Aidan Gauland <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 09:01:59 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> I tried to address this issue in revision 106043.  Please have a look.

Closed, martin

Subject: 24.0.50; Checking in with C-x v v leaves me with only one window
From: Aidan Gauland <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 22:23:45 +1200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Committing changes in a file under version control (using git as the
backend)-- by typing C-x v v (bound to vc-next-action), entering a
message, and then typing C-c C-c-- does not return the frame to its
window configuration before running the command, but instead leaves only
one window in the frame.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.5 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2010-09-19 on dimension8
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
configured using `configure  '--with-imagemagick''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_NZ.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Diary

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-log-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
n k n k n k k k k k k k k k n n n n n n n n n n n n 
p p p p p p p p M-< n n n k M-< M-> p k x C-x k <return> 
C-M-S-l C-M-S-j C-x 0 C-M-S-h C-x b <return> C-x 2 
C-x b r e c <return> C-M-S-l C-x b <return> M-x n e 
w s <tab> s h o <tab> <return> n e w s <return> u o 
O o <return> o o o o o o o O O O O O O O O O O O O 
O O O O C-M-S-h C-M-S-k C-M-S-j C-h c C-g M-` t v C-g 
C-M-S-l <return> O O o o O O O p p p p C-p C-p p <return> 
O O <C-up> <C-up> <down> g u g O O O O o o o o o o 
o o O O C-x k <return> M-x n e w s <tab> s t o <tab> 
<return> C-h c C-c v C-h x C-h c x C-h c C-x v v M-` 
t v C-g M-x e m a c s <tab> - <backspace> s u b <tab> 
m <tab> <M-backspace> b u g <tab> <tab> M-b C-8 * C-/ 
* <backspace> <M-backspace> <backspace> * b u g <tab> 
<tab> M-b M-b M-t M-f M-f M-f M-t <tab> <tab> C-a C-k 
e m a <tab> r e b <tab> <tab> <backspace> <backspace> 
e p <tab> <tab> <backspace> <backspace> s <backspace> 
<backspace> s u b <tab> <tab> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <tab> <M-backspace> s u b <tab> <M-backspace> 
<M-backspace> b u g C-a * C-e <tab> <tab> <M-backspace> 
r e w <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
r e p <tab> o <tab> r <tab> <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Preparing newsticker buffer...
C-g runs the command keyboard-quit
Quit
Newsticker stopped!
C-c v is undefined
x runs the command self-insert-command
C-x v v runs the command vc-next-action
Quit
transpose-subr-1: Don't have two things to transpose
Making completion list... [4 times]

Load-path shadows:
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-remember hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-remember
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-tangle hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-exp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-exp
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-protocol hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-protocol
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-docbook hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-docbook
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-icalendar hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-icalendar
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-ruby hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-exp-blocks hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-exp-blocks
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-archive hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-archive
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mouse hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mouse
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mks hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mks
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-vm hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-vm
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-C hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-C
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-exp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-exp
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mobile hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mobile
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-capture hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-capture
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-bibtex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-habit hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-habit
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-beamer hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-beamer
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-jsinfo hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-jsinfo
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-latex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-latex
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-publish hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-publish
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-html hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-html
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-compat hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-compat
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-clojure hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-R hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-R
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-inlinetask hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-datetree hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-datetree
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-mscgen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-lob hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lob
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-ref hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ref
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-comint hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-comint
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mew hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mew
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-ditaa hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-ctags hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-ctags
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-python hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-python
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-colview hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-colview
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-screen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-screen
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-latex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-latex
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-eval hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-eval
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mac-message hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mac-message
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-plot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-plot
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-table hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-table
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-id hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-id
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-taskjuggler hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-taskjuggler
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-gnus hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-gnus
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-entities hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-entities
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-xoxo hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-xoxo
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-freemind hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-freemind
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-sh hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sh
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-bbdb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-sqlite hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-footnote hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-footnote
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-attach hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-attach
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mhe hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mhe
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-install hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-install
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-docview hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-docview
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-haskell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-ocaml hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-rmail hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-rmail
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-perl hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-perl
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-timer hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-timer
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-wl hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-wl
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-crypt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-crypt
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-matlab hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-info hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-info
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-list hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-list
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-css hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-css
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-feed hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-feed
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-ascii hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-ascii
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-macs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-macs
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-src hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-src
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-indent hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-indent
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-sass hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sass
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-clock hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-clock
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-keys hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-keys
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-faces hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-faces
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-table hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-table
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-dot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-dot
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-agenda hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-agenda
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-sql hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sql
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-asymptote hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-octave hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-octave
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-irc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-irc
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-w3m hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-w3m

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message sendmail rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader emacsbug
tmm electric mule-util org2atom etags tramp-cache epa-file epa epg
epg-config tramp tramp-compat auth-source gnus-util password-cache
tramp-loaddefs cus-edit multi-isearch org-publish debug newcomment
two-column rect browse-url newst-plainview newst-ticker newst-reader
newst-backend xml derived help-mode iso-transl erc-track erc-ring
erc-networks erc-netsplit erc-menu erc-match erc-log erc-pcomplete
pcomplete erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp wid-edit erc-join windmove
ispell make-mode cc-mode cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs dired jka-compr info scheme org-w3m org-irc
org-inlinetask org-habit org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp
org-exp-blocks org-agenda org-info org-id org-docview org-ctags
org-crypt org-bibtex org-bbdb org byte-opt warnings bytecomp
byte-compile ob-sh shell ob-eval ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint comint ring ob-keys ob org-list
org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs time-date noutline outline
easy-mmode finder-inf package server edmacro kmacro view cal-china lunar
solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs
vc-git appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs regexp-opt cal-menu easymenu
calendar cal-loaddefs ido undo-tree erc-goodies erc erc-backend
erc-compat format-spec thingatpt pp tls saveplace uniquify paren avoid
time desktop cus-start cus-load smarttabs advice help-fns advice-preload
htmlize cl cl-19 aes slime-autoloads jabber-autoloads tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom
widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)