Subject: guix-bug report

From: PJ Reid <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 09:37:33 -0400

:/tmp $ sudo -i guix pull
hint: Consider installing the `glibc-locales' package and defining
`GUIX_LOCPATH', along these lines:

     guix install glibc-locales
     export GUIX_LOCPATH="$HOME/.guix-profile/lib/locale"

See the "Application Setup" section in the manual, for more info.

Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at '
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
indexing objects  34%
[###############################################################

                                    ]
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to d6a6e83 (29,432 new
commits)...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git d6a6e83
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
 libffi-3.3  51KiB

                  434KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 libgc-8.0.4  214KiB

                  708KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 libunistring-0.9.10  492KiB

                  989KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 pkg-config-0.29.2  187KiB

                  3.7MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guile-3.0.7  6.9MiB

                  3.4MiB/s 00:02 [##################] 100.0%
building /gnu/store/al0d6f30wj4f4w68v2gqdkb367v75f4x-config.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/60h4f5jy7x05bgwjxp41gg5wsypaixn6-git.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/n5w7gbkyyiav73f9yypafvw2n6z5jq8n-hash.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/mjcskqgqppfcbbcrzjq8x8p40dvi7lga-module-import.drv...
building /gnu/store/zl24x57fyqvprbj5mswvp18hlvkc9psr-module-import.drv...
building
/gnu/store/2hzp43qwskbgc7hv89plg1bkybkgn754-module-import-compiled.drv...
building
/gnu/store/8rsjc2q0070qcf6p82ji3xd9kwcwri1c-module-import-compiled.drv...
building
/gnu/store/bsjm3p823h9c7llkgbp9v15rb223im9c-compute-guix-derivation.drv...
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
 bash-static-5.1.16  700KiB

               456.5MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 glibc-2.35  8.5MiB

                 5.4MiB/s 00:02 [##################] 100.0%
 bash-minimal-5.1.16  588KiB

                  2.4MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 gcc-11.3.0-lib  4.8MiB

                 3.2MiB/s 00:02 [##################] 100.0%
 bash-minimal-5.1.16  589KiB

                816.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 libffi-3.4.4  56KiB

                 94.6MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 libgc-8.2.2  218KiB

                389.3MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 libunistring-1.0  661KiB

                 1.7MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 pkg-config-0.29.2  209KiB

                398.6MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guile-3.0.9  8.1MiB

                  4.9MiB/s 00:02 [##################] 100.0%
 guile-3.0.9-debug  7.8MiB

                  2.4MiB/s 00:03 [##################] 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
 glibc-utf8-locales-2.35  382KiB

                465.7MiB/s 00:00 [###############   ]  83./Too many heap
sections: Increase MAXHINCR or MAX_HEAP_SECTS
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/3pnv8541jms0kyjfg0g3wl504n2nylil-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"d6a6e832e6e318eec0c4866fdde62ae47f29defa"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "1.4.0"; pull-version: 1).