Subject: bug#70721: [BUG] failed on test case python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement--infloop

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2024 21:18:22 +0300

> From: Lin Sun <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 16:25:41 +0000
> 
> Hi,
> 
> Running 1 tests (2024-05-02 15:49:20+0000, selector
> ‘python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement--infloop’)
> Test python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement--infloop backtrace:
>   ert-fail(((should-error (let ((debug-on-error nil)) (python-nav-end-
>   (if errorp5298 nil (ert-fail (append (funcall form-description-fn-52
>   (let ((errorp5298 nil) (form-description-fn-5299 #'(lambda nil form-
>   (let (form-description-5297) (let ((errorp5298 nil) (form-descriptio
>   (let ((value-5296 (gensym "ert-form-evaluation-aborted-"))) (let (fo
>   (let ((python-indent-guess-indent-offset nil)) (python-mode) (insert
>   (progn (let ((python-indent-guess-indent-offset nil)) (python-mode)
>   (unwind-protect (progn (let ((python-indent-guess-indent-offset nil)
>   (save-current-buffer (set-buffer temp-buffer) (unwind-protect (progn
>   (let ((temp-buffer (generate-new-buffer " *temp*" t))) (save-current
>   (closure (t) nil (let ((temp-buffer (generate-new-buffer " *temp*" t
>   #[0 "\303\300!\11>\204\17\0\304\305\306\300D\"\210\300\307H\303\1!\n
>   handler-bind-1(#[0 "\303\300!\11>\204\17\0\304\305\306\300D\"\210\30
>   ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test ... :result
>   ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name python-tests--python-nav-end-of-state
>   ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector python-tests--python-n
>   ert-run-tests(python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement--infloop #[3
>   ert-run-tests-batch(python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement--inflo
>   eval((ert-run-tests-batch 'python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement
>   command-line-1(("-l" "ert" "-l" "python-tests.el" "-eval" "(ert-run-
>   command-line()
>   normal-top-level()
> Test python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement--infloop condition:
>     (ert-test-failed
>      ((should-error (let (...) (python-nav-end-of-statement))) :form
>       (let ((debug-on-error nil)) (python-nav-end-of-statement)) :value
>       #<marker in no buffer> :fail-reason "did not signal an error"))
>    FAILED  1/1  python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement--infloop
> (0.000464 sec) at python-tests.el:7367
> 
> Ran 1 tests, 0 results as expected, 1 unexpected (2024-05-02
> 15:49:20+0000, 0.108988 sec)
> 
> 1 unexpected results:
>    FAILED  python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement--infloop

That test is marked unstable, which means it can fail in some cases
and succeed in others.  So the fact that it could fail is already
known, and I wonder why you are reporting this here?