Subject: bug#70721: closed (Re: bug#70721: [BUG] failed on test case python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement--infloop)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 02 May 2024 18:57:02 +0000

Your bug report

#70721: [BUG] failed on test case python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement--infloop

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
70721: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=70721
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#70721: [BUG] failed on test case python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement--infloop
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Lin Sun <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 May 2024 21:56:10 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Lin Sun <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 18:27:45 +0000
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> On Thu, May 2, 2024 at 6:18 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> >
> > That test is marked unstable, which means it can fail in some cases
> > and succeed in others.  So the fact that it could fail is already
> > known, and I wonder why you are reporting this here?
> Thank you for the explanation, according to the test case name
> "*-infloop" seems the case failed means there was an infloop that
> happened, that's why I reported it here.
> Please close this ticket for it's an unstable case. Thanks.

Thanks, done.

Subject: [BUG] failed on test case python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement--infloop
From: Lin Sun <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 16:25:41 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Running 1 tests (2024-05-02 15:49:20+0000, selector
‘python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement--infloop’)
Test python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement--infloop backtrace:
  ert-fail(((should-error (let ((debug-on-error nil)) (python-nav-end-
  (if errorp5298 nil (ert-fail (append (funcall form-description-fn-52
  (let ((errorp5298 nil) (form-description-fn-5299 #'(lambda nil form-
  (let (form-description-5297) (let ((errorp5298 nil) (form-descriptio
  (let ((value-5296 (gensym "ert-form-evaluation-aborted-"))) (let (fo
  (let ((python-indent-guess-indent-offset nil)) (python-mode) (insert
  (progn (let ((python-indent-guess-indent-offset nil)) (python-mode)
  (unwind-protect (progn (let ((python-indent-guess-indent-offset nil)
  (save-current-buffer (set-buffer temp-buffer) (unwind-protect (progn
  (let ((temp-buffer (generate-new-buffer " *temp*" t))) (save-current
  (closure (t) nil (let ((temp-buffer (generate-new-buffer " *temp*" t
  #[0 "\303\300!\11>\204\17\0\304\305\306\300D\"\210\300\307H\303\1!\n
  handler-bind-1(#[0 "\303\300!\11>\204\17\0\304\305\306\300D\"\210\30
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test ... :result
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name python-tests--python-nav-end-of-state
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector python-tests--python-n
  ert-run-tests(python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement--infloop #[3
  ert-run-tests-batch(python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement--inflo
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch 'python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement
  command-line-1(("-l" "ert" "-l" "python-tests.el" "-eval" "(ert-run-
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement--infloop condition:
    (ert-test-failed
     ((should-error (let (...) (python-nav-end-of-statement))) :form
      (let ((debug-on-error nil)) (python-nav-end-of-statement)) :value
      #<marker in no buffer> :fail-reason "did not signal an error"))
   FAILED  1/1  python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement--infloop
(0.000464 sec) at python-tests.el:7367

Ran 1 tests, 0 results as expected, 1 unexpected (2024-05-02
15:49:20+0000, 0.108988 sec)

1 unexpected results:
   FAILED  python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement--infloop