Subject: bug#70721: [BUG] failed on test case python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement--infloop

From: Lin Sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 18:27:45 +0000

On Thu, May 2, 2024 at 6:18 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > From: Lin Sun <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 16:25:41 +0000
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Running 1 tests (2024-05-02 15:49:20+0000, selector
> > ‘python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement--infloop’)
> > Test python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement--infloop backtrace:
> >   ert-fail(((should-error (let ((debug-on-error nil)) (python-nav-end-
> >   (if errorp5298 nil (ert-fail (append (funcall form-description-fn-52
> >   (let ((errorp5298 nil) (form-description-fn-5299 #'(lambda nil form-
> >   (let (form-description-5297) (let ((errorp5298 nil) (form-descriptio
> >   (let ((value-5296 (gensym "ert-form-evaluation-aborted-"))) (let (fo
> >   (let ((python-indent-guess-indent-offset nil)) (python-mode) (insert
> >   (progn (let ((python-indent-guess-indent-offset nil)) (python-mode)
> >   (unwind-protect (progn (let ((python-indent-guess-indent-offset nil)
> >   (save-current-buffer (set-buffer temp-buffer) (unwind-protect (progn
> >   (let ((temp-buffer (generate-new-buffer " *temp*" t))) (save-current
> >   (closure (t) nil (let ((temp-buffer (generate-new-buffer " *temp*" t
> >   #[0 "\303\300!\11>\204\17\0\304\305\306\300D\"\210\300\307H\303\1!\n
> >   handler-bind-1(#[0 "\303\300!\11>\204\17\0\304\305\306\300D\"\210\30
> >   ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test ... :result
> >   ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name python-tests--python-nav-end-of-state
> >   ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector python-tests--python-n
> >   ert-run-tests(python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement--infloop #[3
> >   ert-run-tests-batch(python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement--inflo
> >   eval((ert-run-tests-batch 'python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement
> >   command-line-1(("-l" "ert" "-l" "python-tests.el" "-eval" "(ert-run-
> >   command-line()
> >   normal-top-level()
> > Test python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement--infloop condition:
> >     (ert-test-failed
> >      ((should-error (let (...) (python-nav-end-of-statement))) :form
> >       (let ((debug-on-error nil)) (python-nav-end-of-statement)) :value
> >       #<marker in no buffer> :fail-reason "did not signal an error"))
> >    FAILED  1/1  python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement--infloop
> > (0.000464 sec) at python-tests.el:7367
> >
> > Ran 1 tests, 0 results as expected, 1 unexpected (2024-05-02
> > 15:49:20+0000, 0.108988 sec)
> >
> > 1 unexpected results:
> >    FAILED  python-tests--python-nav-end-of-statement--infloop
>
> That test is marked unstable, which means it can fail in some cases
> and succeed in others.  So the fact that it could fail is already
> known, and I wonder why you are reporting this here?
Thank you for the explanation, according to the test case name
"*-infloop" seems the case failed means there was an infloop that
happened, that's why I reported it here.
Please close this ticket for it's an unstable case. Thanks.