Subject: [bug#70715] [PATCH 0/4] Change imported crate style.

From: Herman Rimm <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 14:57:00 +0200

Hello,

Having created about 60 packages with the crate importer, I did it
slightly faster than usual with this patch series applied.

I would say 75% of the time the unindented #:cargo-development-inputs
exceeded 72 characters.

About 20% of the time a crate synopsis and description start with a
proper noun (Rust) or an acronym (FFI). Adding 'This package provides '
makes the description into more of a sentence, though sometimes an
indefinite article is missing. I could also instead add a flag to 'guix
import' for extending the description in this way.

Cheers,
Herman

Herman Rimm (4):
  guix: Indent cargo-development-inputs.
  guix: Beautify crate importer synopses.
  guix: Include a main verb in crate importer descriptions.
  guix: End package descriptions with period.

 guix/import/crate.scm | 12 ++++++++----
 guix/import/utils.scm |  7 +++++++
 guix/read-print.scm   |  1 +
 3 files changed, 16 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

-- 
2.41.0