Subject: bug#70678: guix pull failed on commit 43a4215cad8c6da357f895569c0cedf5e854cee0

From: francismb <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 18:44:03 +0200

Dear Maintainers,
while trying to guix pull on:

$ guix describe
Generation 109	Apr 20 2024 20:22:38	(current)
   guix 43a4215
     repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
     branch: master
     commit: 43a4215cad8c6da357f895569c0cedf5e854cee0

the following happened:

====================================
$ guix pull
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at
'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to 570ccaa (23 new
commits)...
Building from this channel:
   guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git	570ccaa
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
building
/gnu/store/q0yd74w3xqic3wb25611gpa2jylm5yrp-compute-guix-derivation.drv...
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
\substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
Backtrace:
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   1752:10 19 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
In unknown file:
           18 (apply-smob/0 #<thunk 792240f4c540>)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
     724:2 17 (call-with-prompt _ _ #<procedure default-prompt-handle?>)
In ice-9/eval.scm:
     619:8 16 (_ #(#(#<directory (guile-user) 792240f50c80>)))
In guix/ui.scm:
   2166:12 15 (run-guix-command _ . _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   1752:10 14 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
   1752:10 13 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
   1747:15 12 (with-exception-handler #<procedure 79223e71f1e0 at ic?> ?)
In guix/scripts/substitute.scm:
    765:15 11 (_)
     468:7 10 (process-substitution #<output: file 4> _ "/gnu/store/?" ?)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   1752:10  9 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
In guix/scripts/substitute.scm:
     477:9  8 (_)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   1747:15  7 (with-exception-handler #<procedure 79223e749810 at ic?> ?)
   1685:16  6 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
   1683:16  5 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
   1685:16  4 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
   1780:13  3 (_ #<&compound-exception components: (#<&error> #<&irri?>)
   1685:16  2 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
   1683:16  1 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
   1685:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)

ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
ERROR:
   1. &http-get-error:
       uri: #<<uri> scheme: https userinfo: #f host: "ci.guix.gnu.org"
port: #f path: "/nar/lzip/mzfkrxd4w8vqrmyrx169wj8wyw7r8i37-bash" query:
#f fragment: #f>
       code: 504
       reason: "Gateway Time-out"
   2. &message:
"https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/mzfkrxd4w8vqrmyrx169wj8wyw7r8i37-bash:
HTTP download failed: 504 (\"Gateway Time-out\")"
substitution of /gnu/store/mzfkrxd4w8vqrmyrx169wj8wyw7r8i37-bash failed
Backtrace:
           17 (primitive-load
"/gnu/store/1db74z3j7p8djpvwjk5zxd0cmdcy7109-compute-guix-derivation")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
     155:9 16 (_ _)
     159:9 15 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?>
?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
     152:2 14 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
     152:2 13 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
   2182:24 12 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 76014038d0a0>
#<procedure 76012419a960 at ./guix/self.scm:13?> ?)
    2010:8 11 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 76014038d0a0>)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
    299:22 10 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 76014038d0a0>)
    1205:2  9 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 76014038d0a0>)
    1072:2  8 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 76014038d0a0>)
     913:4  7 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 76014038d0a0>)
In ./guix/store.scm:
   2067:12  6 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 76014038d0a0>)
    1405:5  5 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99
76014038d0a0> #<procedure 76011f722ec0 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
   1421:15  4 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 76014038d0a0>
("/gnu/store/lkw4m83344k879fr56n5b351xw1cik50-guix-daemo?" ?) ?)
   1421:15  3 (loop #f)
    718:11  2 (process-stderr #<store-connection 256.99 76014038d0a0> _)
In ./guix/serialization.scm:
    101:11  1 (read-int #<input-output: file 10>)
      79:6  0 (get-bytevector-n* #<input-output: file 10> 8)

./guix/serialization.scm:79:6: In procedure get-bytevector-n*:
ERROR:
   1. &nar-error:
       file: #f
       port: #<input-output: file 10>
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/1db74z3j7p8djpvwjk5zxd0cmdcy7109-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"570ccaaedcb1e03d29c6cb420b2104627e57df63"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "43a4215cad8c6da357f895569c0cedf5e854cee0"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.
====================================

I hope it helps, thanks in advance!
FrancisMB