Subject: bug#70663: [email-masked] is really hard to build

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2024 18:14:48 +0100

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Chris,
>
> Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> [email-masked] is really hard to build, it's so hard and so important that
>> data.guix.gnu.org is still after two days trying to process [1]. I say
>> so important because you have to build [email-masked] to compute the channel
>> instance derivations for Guix.
>
> I agree that the nss test suite takes a ridiculous amount of time to run
> (multiple hours on a fast machine IIRC).  Are we missing a '--fast' test
> flag or something to make it run in a more reasonable amount of time?

I did read some of the all.sh script used for the tests and there is
some environment variables you can set here:

  https://github.com/nss-dev/nss/blob/master/tests/all.sh#L70-L82

It seems like there are 4 "cycles", maybe we could just run the standard
cycle or at least check how long they each take.