Subject: bug#70660: closed (Re: bug#70660: The notification icon on Android is incorrect)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 13:54:02 +0000

Your bug report

#70660: The notification icon on Android is incorrect

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
70660: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=70660
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#70660: The notification icon on Android is incorrect
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: 陈宇迪 <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 21:52:37 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

陈宇迪 <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm trying the Android port and I find that the icon for the notification
> (the one that says "This notification is displayed to keep Emacs
> running while it is in the...")
> is incorrect. I think it should be the Emacs logo, just like the icon
> in the app launcher.
> But in fact it is a robot, which seems to be the default icon.

Yes, that's how it's supposed to be, as the Emacs icon has yet to be
converted into the format notifications require, and this notification
is meant not to be seen but to be disabled at the earliest opportunity.

> By the way, on my another Android device (using One UI 5.1, Android 13),
> no notification is shown when Emacs is running.

On Android 13 and later, notifications (this included) are not displayed
unless notification permissions are granted by user action.  This nowise
impacts Emacs's capacity to execute in the background, and can only be a
net positive, I think, when it's anticipated that users will hide this
eyesore of a notification as their first action upon starting a fresh
installation of Emacs.

Closing as not a bug.

Subject: The notification icon on Android is incorrect
From: 陈宇迪 <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 12:55:53 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I'm trying the Android port and I find that the icon for the notification
(the one that says "This notification is displayed to keep Emacs
running while it is in the...")
is incorrect. I think it should be the Emacs logo, just like the icon
in the app launcher.
But in fact it is a robot, which seems to be the default icon.

By the way, on my another Android device (using One UI 5.1, Android 13),
no notification is shown when Emacs is running.

---

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, aarch64-unknown-linux-android29) of
 2024-04-29 built on xeon
Repository revision: 430088c9ccec5fe9be57d267f45acdc87aa3b28e
Windowing system distributor 'HONOR', version 31.0.0
System Description:
HONOR/BRT-W09/HNBRT-M:12/HONORBRT-W09/6.1.0.235C00:user/release-keys

Configured using:
 'configure --with-png=yes --with-webp=yes --with-gif=yes
 --with-jpeg=yes --with-xml2=yes --with-sqlite3=yes --with-gnutls=yes
 --with-tiff=yes --with-selinux=yes --with-modules=yes
 --with-tree-sitter=yes --with-imagemagick=no --with-lcms2=yes
 --with-mailutils= --with-pop=no-by-default --with-harfbuzz=yes
 --with-threads=yes --enable-check-lisp-object-type= 'CFLAGS=-O2
 -Werror=implicit-function-declaration''

Configured features:
GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG SECCOMP SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix