Subject: bug#70654: closed (Re: bug#70654: 30.0.50; defadvice bug (?))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 20:13:02 +0000

Your bug report

#70654: 30.0.50; defadvice bug (?)

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
70654: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=70654
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#70654: 30.0.50; defadvice bug (?)
From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
To: Colin Baxter <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 16:12:23 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Colin Baxter <[email-masked]> writes:

>>>>>> Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors <Stefan> writes:
>
>     >>> This may not be the way to reproduce though,
>     >>> 
>     >>> $ emacs -Q M-x package-initialize
>     >>> 
>     >>> Then evaluates the following
>     >>> 
>     >>> (defun test () (defadvice yank-pop (around
>     >>> kill-ring-browse-maybe (arg)) (interactive "p")) (ad-activate
>     >>> 'yank-pop)) (test)
>     >>> 
>     >>> With above, *Compile-Log* buffer contains,
>     >>> 
>     >>> Error: Wrong type argument: arrayp, (lambda (ad--addoit-function
>     >>> arg) (interactive "p") (let (ad-return-value) nil
>     >>> ad-return-value))
>     >>> 
>     >>> I suspect the commit id f2bccae22bd47a2e7e0937b78ea06131711b935a
>     >>> (Use a dedicated type to represent interpreted-function values)
>     >> 
>     >> CC'ing Stefan.
>
>     > I believe I fixed this a couple hours ago.
>
>
> You have, I had this problem but it's now fixed.
>
> Best wishes,

Closing then :)

  Andrea

Subject: 30.0.50; defadvice bug (?)
From: OGAWA Hirofumi <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 04:05:32 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This may not be the way to reproduce though,

  $ emacs -Q
  M-x package-initialize

  Then evaluates the following

(defun test ()
  (defadvice yank-pop (around kill-ring-browse-maybe (arg))
    (interactive "p"))
  (ad-activate 'yank-pop))
(test)

  With above, *Compile-Log* buffer contains,

 Error: Wrong type argument: arrayp, (lambda (ad--addoit-function arg) (interactive "p") (let (ad-return-value) nil ad-return-value))

I suspect the commit id f2bccae22bd47a2e7e0937b78ea06131711b935a (Use
a dedicated type to represent interpreted-function values)

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.41, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-04-30 built on devron
Repository revision: 1e931f1c3db1588ba402d0eab60f03cc036f814a
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101011
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux trixie/sid

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-xim --with-imagemagick
 --with-wide-int --with-native-compilation=aot'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
IMAGEMAGICK JPEG LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT
MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM
XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ja_JP.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  bug-reference-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  flycheck-pos-tip-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/compat-29.1.4.5/compat hides /usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/compat

Features:
(shadow bbdb-message mailalias emacsbug mule-util sort gnus-cite
mm-archive mail-extr textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize
uni-confusable textsec-check gnus-async gnus-bcklg bbdb-gnus-aux qp
gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic url-http url-gw url-cache utf-7 epa-file
network-stream nsm nnfolder bbdb-gnus nnnil bbdb-mua spam spam-stat
bbdb-com crm bbdb bbdb-site timezone gnus-uu yenc gnus-demon gnus-delay
gnus-draft gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp
gnus-cache gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime
gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom nndraft nnmh
gnus-xoauth2 oauth2-ext plstore gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo
parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail
yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader
gnus-util time-date mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr dired-aux
dircolors-faces dired-x dired dired-loaddefs company-cscope
company-yasnippet grep-context dash comp-run comp-common flyspell ispell
vc-hg vc-git cus-start diff-mode track-changes vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs
vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view easy-mmode pcvs-util vc vc-dispatcher
bug-reference thingatpt server auth-source-pass url-auth generic-x
flycheck-relint relint compile text-property-search comint ansi-osc xr
flycheck-pos-tip pos-tip flycheck ansi-color find-func rx
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator
xref project ring company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-clang company-capf company-cmake company-semantic
company-template company-bbdb company pcase autoinsert cl-extra
yasnippet help-mode elec-pair icomplete savehist advice browse-kill-ring
delsel tab-bar-session desktop frameset repeat mozc-im-plus mozc-popup
popup mozc vcard-autoloads startup-elisp-autoloads rfc-autoloads
mozc-im-plus-autoloads misc-autoloads magit-mini-autoloads
lookup-autoloads langtool-autoloads grammar-check-autoloads
go-translate-autoloads gnus-xoauth2-autoloads debian-autoloads
cxrefs-autoloads company-cscope-autoloads bbdb-loaddefs cus-edit pp
cus-load wid-edit browse-kill-ring-autoloads cmake-mode-autoloads
company-autoloads coterm-autoloads csv-mode-autoloads
dpkg-dev-el-autoloads elfeed-autoloads expand-region-autoloads
flycheck-rust-autoloads info dash-autoloads flycheck-autoloads
git-modes-autoloads gnuplot-autoloads graphviz-dot-mode-autoloads
grep-context-autoloads lua-mode-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
meson-mode-autoloads mozc-autoloads php-mode-autoloads po-mode-autoloads
popup-autoloads pos-tip-autoloads relint-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads
vundo-autoloads wgrep-autoloads xr-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads
yasnippet-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib japan-util rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 538290 90590) (symbols 48 26834 12)
 (strings 32 124119 13645) (string-bytes 1 3636290) (vectors 16 84056)
 (vector-slots 8 1154173 50956) (floats 8 412 54)
 (intervals 56 1375 252) (buffers 992 28))

-- 
OGAWA Hirofumi <[email-masked]>