Subject: bug#70650: closed (Close)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2025 09:18:02 +0000

Your bug report

#70650: Error during "guix pull" on Rocky Linux 8.9

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
70650: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=70650
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Close
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2025 11:16:55 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Closing, as I think this has been resolved in the meantime.

Andreas

Subject: Error during "guix pull" on Rocky Linux 8.9
From: Per Ådne Mugaas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 16:37:44 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

[dmsimen@localhost ~]$ guix pull
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at '
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to 6489f97 (29,429 new
commits)...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git 6489f97
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
 libffi-3.3  51KiB                    810KiB/s 00:00 [##################]
100.0%
 libgc-8.0.4  214KiB                  2.0MiB/s 00:00 [##################]
100.0%
 libunistring-0.9.10  492KiB          6.0MiB/s 00:00 [##################]
100.0%
 pkg-config-0.29.2  187KiB            5.9MiB/s 00:00 [##################]
100.0%
 guile-3.0.7  8.0MiB                  9.9MiB/s 00:01 [##################]
100.0%
building /gnu/store/al0d6f30wj4f4w68v2gqdkb367v75f4x-config.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/60h4f5jy7x05bgwjxp41gg5wsypaixn6-git.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/n5w7gbkyyiav73f9yypafvw2n6z5jq8n-hash.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/mjcskqgqppfcbbcrzjq8x8p40dvi7lga-module-import.drv...
building /gnu/store/zl24x57fyqvprbj5mswvp18hlvkc9psr-module-import.drv...
building
/gnu/store/2hzp43qwskbgc7hv89plg1bkybkgn754-module-import-compiled.drv...
building
/gnu/store/8rsjc2q0070qcf6p82ji3xd9kwcwri1c-module-import-compiled.drv...
building
/gnu/store/8s9l4bzad3ik5fk84v20x17g1y1v772j-compute-guix-derivation.drv...
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
 bash-static-5.1.16  700KiB         969.4MiB/s 00:00 [##################]
100.0%
 glibc-2.35  8.5MiB                  24.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################]
100.0%
 bash-minimal-5.1.16  588KiB          3.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################]
100.0%
 gcc-11.3.0-lib  4.8MiB               6.2MiB/s 00:01 [##################]
100.0%
 bash-minimal-5.1.16  589KiB         10.1MiB/s 00:00 [##################]
100.0%
 libffi-3.4.4  60KiB                  645KiB/s 00:00 [##################]
100.0%
 libgc-8.2.2  228KiB                  1.7MiB/s 00:00 [##################]
100.0%
 libunistring-1.0  661KiB             8.4MiB/s 00:00 [##################]
100.0%
 pkg-config-0.29.2  209KiB            796KiB/s 00:00 [##################]
100.0%
 guile-3.0.9  8.1MiB                  7.1MiB/s 00:01 [##################]
100.0%
 guile-3.0.9-debug  7.8MiB            6.1MiB/s 00:01 [##################]
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
|Too many heap sections: Increase MAXHINCR or MAX_HEAP_SECTS
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/rhpsbclpjx462m63nzww1zl1zp3s7dm9-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"6489f97f4a999b9b5e9b1a16d51c905e0cde4cdf"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "1.4.0"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.