Subject: bug#70647: closed (Re: bug#70647: 30.0.50; When are :core packages released to GNU ELPA?)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2025 02:40:05 +0000

Your bug report

#70647: 30.0.50; When are :core packages released to GNU ELPA?

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
70647: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=70647
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#70647: 30.0.50; When are :core packages released to GNU ELPA?
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, No Wayman <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2025 18:39:51 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I think the questions here were answered.

I'm therefore closing this bug report.

Subject: 30.0.50; When are :core packages released to GNU ELPA?
From: No Wayman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 08:48:27 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

As I understand it, GNU ELPA releases packages when a commit 
changes the Version package header. GNU-devel ELPA is a rolling 
release. How about "core" packages? For example, the eglot version 
bundled with Emacs 29.3 is at Version 1.12.xx. The latest version 
on GNU ELPA is 1.17, released on 3/31/2024, but git points to 
commit "b014bca833a" on 1/25/2024 as responsible for bumping the 
version to 1.17.

Is all of this documented somewhere?