Subject: bug#70630: closed (Re: bug#70630: [PATCH] Allow programmatic preview abortion)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 04 May 2024 19:53:02 +0000

Your bug report

#70630: [PATCH] Allow programmatic preview abortion

which was filed against the auctex package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
70630: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=70630
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#70630: [PATCH] Allow programmatic preview abortion
From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
To: Paul Nelson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 May 2024 21:51:07 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Paul Nelson <[email-masked]> writes:

> This patch should not affect existing behavior, but introduces a
> variable that would allow (e.g.) an external package to do so.
>
> One way for an external package to terminate an ongoing preview
> generation is via (TeX-kill-job).  This approach is unreliable: if the
> timing is just right, then the kill signal arrives too late.  This
> patch gives a more reliable way, based on a buffer-local flag.  (The
> motivation is that one might wish to avoid generating previews when
> subsequent edits to the buffer make them irrelevant or misplaced.)

Thanks, installed, and closing.

Best, Arash

Subject: [PATCH] Allow programmatic preview abortion
From: Paul Nelson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 17:40:48 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This patch should not affect existing behavior, but introduces a
variable that would allow (e.g.) an external package to do so.

One way for an external package to terminate an ongoing preview
generation is via (TeX-kill-job).  This approach is unreliable: if the
timing is just right, then the kill signal arrives too late.  This
patch gives a more reliable way, based on a buffer-local flag.  (The
motivation is that one might wish to avoid generating previews when
subsequent edits to the buffer make them irrelevant or misplaced.)

Thanks, best,

Paul