Subject: bug#70581: PHP, glibc, and CVE-2024-2961

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2024 11:25:53 +0900

Hi Ludovic,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>> +              (patches (map search-patch
>> +                            (fold (cut delete <...>)
>> +                                  %glibc-patches
>> +                                  '("glibc-2.39-git-updates.patch"))))))))
>
> Or: (delete "glibc-2.39-git-updates.patch" (search-patches %glibc-patches)).

It doesn't seem to work the way you'd intuitively expect, because
search-patches is syntax, and %glibc-patches is a list.  So you at least
need the map and search-patch procedure:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(delete "glibc-2.39-git-updates.patch" (map search-patch %glibc-patches)).
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

And then the delete has no effect because 'search-path' returns absolute
paths, so the patch to delete is now something like
'/home/maxim/src/guix/gnu/packages/patches/glibc-2.39-git-updates.patch',
for example.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim