Subject: bug#70580: closed (Close)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2025 09:10:01 +0000

Your bug report

#70580: Verilator package fails to build due to failing test

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
70580: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=70580
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Close
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2025 11:09:42 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Closing, we currently have a verilator substitute.

Andreas

Subject: Verilator package fails to build due to failing test
From: TakeV <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 01:43:31 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Was trying to install verilator earlier, and it seems to be failing at
the check stage. Looks like it is failing on a smoke test. Guessing that
there is some sort of issue with trying to access external resources or
something.

Probably going to look into it myself, but wanted to log the error in
case anyone else wants to take a crack at it.

I have gone ahead and attached a snippet of the log which has the error:

vlt/t_a2_first_sc: %Error: Exec of make failed: make[1]: warning: 
jobserver unavailable: using -j1. Add '+' to parent make rule.
vlt/t_a2_first_sc: FAILED: Exec of make failed: make[1]: warning: 
jobserver unavailable: using -j1. Add '+' to parent make rule.
==SUMMARY: Passed 0 Failed 1 Unsup 0 Time 0:06
==SUMMARY: Passed 0 Failed 1 Unsup 0 Time 0:06

======================================================================
#vlt/t_a2_first_sc: %Error: Exec of make failed: make[1]: warning: 
jobserver unavailable: using -j1. Add '+' to parent make rule.
make && test_regress/t/t_a2_first_sc.pl --vlt
TESTS DONE, FAILED: Passed 0 Failed 1 Unsup 0 Time 0:06
make: *** [Makefile:258: smoke-test] Error 10