Subject: bug#70580: Verilator package fails to build due to failing test

From: TakeV <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 01:43:31 -0400

Was trying to install verilator earlier, and it seems to be failing at
the check stage. Looks like it is failing on a smoke test. Guessing that
there is some sort of issue with trying to access external resources or
something.

Probably going to look into it myself, but wanted to log the error in
case anyone else wants to take a crack at it.

I have gone ahead and attached a snippet of the log which has the error:

vlt/t_a2_first_sc: %Error: Exec of make failed: make[1]: warning: 
jobserver unavailable: using -j1. Add '+' to parent make rule.
vlt/t_a2_first_sc: FAILED: Exec of make failed: make[1]: warning: 
jobserver unavailable: using -j1. Add '+' to parent make rule.
==SUMMARY: Passed 0 Failed 1 Unsup 0 Time 0:06
==SUMMARY: Passed 0 Failed 1 Unsup 0 Time 0:06

======================================================================
#vlt/t_a2_first_sc: %Error: Exec of make failed: make[1]: warning: 
jobserver unavailable: using -j1. Add '+' to parent make rule.
make && test_regress/t/t_a2_first_sc.pl --vlt
TESTS DONE, FAILED: Passed 0 Failed 1 Unsup 0 Time 0:06
make: *** [Makefile:258: smoke-test] Error 10