Subject: [PATCH] ; Fix python test case for testing completion with ipython

From: Lin Sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 03:27:34 +0000

Hi,
There is an error when running python-tests.el, I pasted on the tail
of this mail.

The error is caused by the test case trying testing the functions with
ipython but its subroutine didn't use the ipython as interpreter.

Changing the test interpreter will fix the issue, I attached the patch.

Please help apply the change. Thanks.

Test case error message:

Test python-shell-completion-at-point-ipython backtrace:
  call-process("python" nil t nil "-m" "jedi" "repl")
  (eql 0 (call-process python-tests-shell-interpreter nil t nil "-m" "
  (if (eql 0 (call-process python-tests-shell-interpreter nil t nil "-
...
Test python-shell-completion-at-point-ipython condition:
    (file-missing "Searching for program" "No such file or directory"
                  "python")
   FAILED  1/1  python-shell-completion-at-point-ipython (0.829918
sec) at python-tests.el:4897
From ca8d5fb6c8d8591c20ec99e00e7e63fd2c9d1151 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Lin Sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 06:54:27 +0000
Subject: [PATCH] ; Fix python test case for testing completion with ipython

* test/lisp/progmodes/python-tests.el
(python-shell-completion-at-point-ipython): Fix the python interpreter
is incorrect in the subroutine.
---
 test/lisp/progmodes/python-tests.el | 3 ++-
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/test/lisp/progmodes/python-tests.el b/test/lisp/progmodes/python-tests.el
index e11440cdb5b..e6e6e05bbef 100644
--- a/test/lisp/progmodes/python-tests.el
+++ b/test/lisp/progmodes/python-tests.el
@@ -4896,7 +4896,8 @@ python-shell-completion-at-point-jedi-completer
 
 (ert-deftest python-shell-completion-at-point-ipython ()
   "Check if Python shell completion works for IPython."
-  (let ((python-shell-interpreter "ipython")
+  (let ((python-tests-shell-interpreter "ipython")
+        (python-shell-interpreter "ipython")
         (python-shell-interpreter-args "-i --simple-prompt"))
     (skip-unless
      (and
-- 
2.20.5