Subject: bug#70577: [PATCH] New command other-project-prefix

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 04:46:27 +0300

On 09/05/2024 09:20, Juri Linkov wrote:
>>> Speaking of the implementation strategy, though, I think the current
>>> other-project-prefix implementation still doesn't work well together with
>>> project-other-*-command.
>> I suppose we could just blacklist some known prefix commands (*) in the
>> same form where we now compare (eq this-command 'other-project-prefix), but
>> it would be nice to distinguish prefix commands from "real" ones somehow.
>>
>> (*) project-other-window-command, project-other-frame-command,
>> project-other-tab-command, some others?
> I remember that other-commands worked in one of your previous patches.

Maybe only when they went down the

   (if (< emacs-major-version 30)

code path?

Like project-any-command, project--other-place-command uses 
read-key-sequence and then invokes the command, which means that 
whatever dynamic binding was in effect, stays in effect for the "next" 
command.

Conversely, calling project--other-place-prefix ends the current 
command, and the dynamic binding ends there too.