Subject: Re: bug#70577: [PATCH] New command other-project-prefix

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2024 09:24:38 +0300

>> can be changed to read the project before reading the command
>> with arguments:
>>    (defun other-project-prefix ()
>>      (letrec ((root (funcall project-prompter))
>>               (depth (minibuffer-depth))
>>               (echofun (lambda () "[switch-project]"))
>>               (around-fun
>>                ...
>
> Yeah, it can be made tweakable like that, although I'd suggest first trying
> to use it as-is for a little bit.

I tried but still can't use it because its sequence of reading
the project is incompatible with old 'project-switch-project',
so it's difficult to switch to the new sequence.

> If you prefer to read the project first, would see a lot of advantage to
> the new command? I suppose 'C-h' working is the only plus.

The advantage is that the new command paves the way for
implementing the support of 'C-x p P C-x 4 p f'.