Subject: bug#7057: Use of JOIN with tab as delimiter

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 14:06:09 -0600

On 09/17/2010 12:22 PM, Magerman, Tom wrote:
> I would like to use JOIN on tab delimited files in a Windows console window (with GNUwin32 CoreUtils), but I'm not able to specify tab as delimiter (-t switch).
>
> With the default settings, all tabs are replaced by spaces in my output file.
>
> Any solution for this problem?

What have you tried (that is, show us the command line you typed)?  Are 
you sure you are quoting tab correctly for the shell you are using? 
Based on your comment about a Windows console window, I'm assuming you 
are using cmd (rather than a more traditional Unix-y shell like sh) as 
your shell, you are probably more likely to get a good answer from the 
GNUwin32 folks rather than here, since most readers of this list don't 
use cmd.  Might I suggest instead trying the cygwin environment, where 
bash is pre-built for Windows, and which has traditional Unix quoting 
and is thus something that more readers of this list can help you with.

-- 
Eric Blake   [email-masked]    +1-801-349-2682
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org