Subject: [bug#70549] Managing patches and branches, retrospective and futher changes?

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 15:42:18 +0100

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Am Wed, Apr 24, 2024 at 02:21:56PM +0100 schrieb Christopher Baines:
>> Let me know if you have any thoughts or questions!
>
> in this part:
> +@item
> +Minimise the changes on master that are missing on the branch prior to
> +merging the branch in to master.  Merging master in to the branch can be
> +appropriate for this purpose.
>
> I would drop the second sentence. It mildly contradicts the previous
> "avoid merging master into the branch". Writing "avoid merging" instead
> of "never merge" already allows for some leeway, I would prefer not to
> insist on it.

Yeah, maybe it's redundant. I think what I was trying to say is that
minimising the changes against master is a priority, so do this even if
you resort to merging master in to the branch.