Subject: Re: bug#70541: track-changes-mode logs warnings (with input method, in Eglot buffer)

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 14:55:06 +0100

On Sun, May 5, 2024 at 2:40 PM Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> > Seems good, thanks.
> Great, closing,

Is this really the final word on this whole topic?   The current solution
involves a one
shot addition to `post-command-hook` in Eglot and is really ugly.  Can you
really
 really no better solution so that Eglot is only compelled to send changes
to the
server once track-changes.el announces it safe to do so (and gives the
change
to send while it's at it?

Also, tangentially , can we get rid of the fboundp's and make the next GNU
ELPA version run the same code as Emacs master's by depending on
track-changes.el GNU core?

Also also, can you fix indentation in the function that you recently
touched
in Eglot? (same goes for Philip, but I'll contact him separately).

João