Subject: bug#70541: track-changes-mode logs warnings (with input method, in Eglot buffer)

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 19:45:39 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> AFAIU, calling the change hooks in the middle of quail input is the main
>> culprit of the problems we are discussing here.
>
> The original Quail code inhibits the modification hooks, so this
> cannot be the culprit, can it?

You are right.
The problem here is more like
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=51766

Then, I tend to agree with Stefan that the current behavior is not right
- a lot of things are happening during the intermediate Quail input,
including, fontification, for example (and that runs custom Elisp!). I
see not how the transient input
to-be-replaced-by-quail-in-the-near-future can be ignored in such
scenario.

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>