Subject: Re: bug#70538: [PATCH] Enchance and Beautify Emacs Windows NT Installer

From: Corwin Brust <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2025 08:32:52 -0600

On Sat, Feb 15, 2025 at 5:44 AM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Ping! Corwin, any suggestions?
>
> > Cc: [email-masked]
> > From: Elijah Gabe Perez <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2025 23:26:19 -0600
> >
> > Hello Corwin, Sorry for the inconvenience,
> > Is there still interest in the patch?
> >

Oh dear, thank you Eli.  This had fallen off my radar completely.

I am, indeed, very much interested in merging this in however I have
significantly changed the installer since this patch was created.
(There were critical defects to resolve, which I think we've now
done.)

Elijah,

Would you be interested in respinning this patch against the current
version of emacs.nsi?   The installer script should be identical in
emacs-30 as in the development branch.

Eli,

If we get a new patch quickly I expect I can test it quickly also.
Would you be okay with my installing this on the release branch
assuming I can confirm there are not issues/regressions?

Sorry to have neglected this for so long and thanks for bubbling it back up!

Corwin