Subject: Re: bug#7053: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: bug#7053: Reftex is fully broken

From: Ralf Angeli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 18:28:37 +0200

* Stefan Monnier (2010-09-18) writes:

>> Since I've never gotten commit access to the Emacs repository I haven't
>
> That should be easy to fix.  Get a Savannah account, and from there, ask
> for membership to the Emacs group.

Um, I've been having a Savannah account since 2003 because AUCTeX is
also maintained on Savannah.  Whom do I have to ask for a membership to
the Emacs group?

> I suspect the change is not in the reftex file but in the behavior of
> up-list which now obeys forward-sexp-function, which means that under
> latex-mode, it will now move from
>
>   \begin{foo}
>      >here<
>   \end{foo}
>   
> to just before the \begin.  So if the reftex code does not expect that
> (and/or for performance reason doesn't want that), it should protect
> against it by binding forward-sexp-function around calls to up-list
> and friends.

So that means the upcoming Emacs release will break the externally
maintained version of RefTeX?

AUCTeX also uses `up-list' at a few occasions (it's even bound to a key
for AUCTeX users), so I'll have to check if the respective functions
will be broken by the changes in Emacs as well.

-- 
Ralf