Subject: Re: bug#7053: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: bug#7053: Reftex is fully broken

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 18:11:59 +0200

> Since I've never gotten commit access to the Emacs repository I haven't

That should be easy to fix.  Get a Savannah account, and from there, ask
for membership to the Emacs group.

> bothered to follow the switch to Bazaar.  It might take a while to make
> myself acquainted with it.  And unfortunately I failed to find a web
> interface to the current Emacs sources in order to find out if somebody
> has changed the RefTeX files, or in which way.

I suspect the change is not in the reftex file but in the behavior of
up-list which now obeys forward-sexp-function, which means that under
latex-mode, it will now move from

  \begin{foo}
     >here<
  \end{foo}
  
to just before the \begin.  So if the reftex code does not expect that
(and/or for performance reason doesn't want that), it should protect
against it by binding forward-sexp-function around calls to up-list
and friends.

        Stefan