Subject: Re: bug#7053: Reftex is fully broken

From: Alpár Jüttner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 15:49:48 +0200

On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 13:52 +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > From: Alpár Jüttner <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 11:41:27 +0200
> > Cc: 
> > 
> > The reftex package seems completely broken in the dev. version.
> > Basically any reftex operation (e.g. table of contents, C-c =) freeze
> > the full emacs. It starts using 100% but doesn't react to any keystroke,
> > (including C-g), the menubar is frozen as well. The frame (X11 window)
> > is refreshed, but I cannot close it by clicking on the "close window".
> > 
> > It freezes even without using any explicit command: If I try to type
> > \ref{label:valami} into a buffer, then it will freeze at the next
> > character I press.
> 
> Can you run Emacs under GDB, and when it freezes, interrupt it and see
> where it is stuck?  See the advice in etc/DEBUG for how to do that
> (look for "If Emacs hangs" and "If the symptom of the bug is that
> Emacs fails to respond").
> 

Here is the GBD trace:

(gdb) 
(gdb) bt
#0  Fcdr (list=148598062) at data.c:510
#1  0x08198d03 in Feval (form=148598054) at eval.c:2255
#2  0x0819b9c1 in internal_lisp_condition_case (var=138760618, bodyform=
    148598054, handlers=148598366) at eval.c:1407
#3  0x081cfbfd in Fbyte_code (bytestr=147116001, vector=148055397, 
    maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:869
#4  0x08199603 in funcall_lambda (fun=148055541, nargs=1, arg_vector=
    0xbfffcf94) at eval.c:3174
#5  0x08199913 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0xbfffcf90) at eval.c:3047
#6  0x081d0930 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=137143417, vector=137143437, 
    maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:679
#7  0x08199603 in funcall_lambda (fun=137143389, nargs=1, arg_vector=
    0xbfffd0c4) at eval.c:3174
#8  0x08199913 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0xbfffd0c0) at eval.c:3047
#9  0x081d0930 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=137144081, vector=137144109, 
    maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:679
#10 0x0819911c in Feval (form=137144070) at eval.c:2358
#11 0x0819b9c1 in internal_lisp_condition_case (var=138760618, bodyform=
    137144070, handlers=137144134) at eval.c:1407
#12 0x081cfbfd in Fbyte_code (bytestr=137143993, vector=137144013, 
    maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:869
#13 0x08199603 in funcall_lambda (fun=137143965, nargs=1, arg_vector=
    0xbfffd414) at eval.c:3174
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
#14 0x08199913 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0xbfffd410) at eval.c:3047
#15 0x081d0930 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=147933305, vector=149861133, 
    maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:679
#16 0x0819911c in Feval (form=150258198) at eval.c:2358
#17 0x0819b9c1 in internal_lisp_condition_case (var=138399914, bodyform=
    150258198, handlers=150258150) at eval.c:1407
#18 0x081cfbfd in Fbyte_code (bytestr=147734337, vector=148891933, 
    maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:869
#19 0x0819911c in Feval (form=150258302) at eval.c:2358
#20 0x0819827a in internal_catch (tag=138515714, func=0x8198c30 <Feval>,
arg=
    150258302) at eval.c:1204
#21 0x081cfc43 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=147734561, vector=148892109, 
    maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:854
#22 0x08199603 in funcall_lambda (fun=148892237, nargs=2, arg_vector=
    0xbfffd954) at eval.c:3174
#23 0x08199913 in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0xbfffd950) at eval.c:3047
#24 0x081d0930 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=147259833, vector=142470477, 
    maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:679
#25 0x08199603 in funcall_lambda (fun=142524045, nargs=1, arg_vector=
    0xbfffda94) at eval.c:3174
#26 0x08199913 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0xbfffda90) at eval.c:3047
#27 0x081d0930 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=147300169, vector=142370285, 
    maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:679
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
#28 0x08199603 in funcall_lambda (fun=142370509, nargs=3, arg_vector=
    0xbfffdbd4) at eval.c:3174
#29 0x08199913 in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=0xbfffdbd0) at eval.c:3047
#30 0x081d0930 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=148159265, vector=149389813, 
    maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:679
#31 0x0819911c in Feval (form=149307686) at eval.c:2358
#32 0x0819827a in internal_catch (tag=138515714, func=0x8198c30 <Feval>,
arg=
    149307686) at eval.c:1204
#33 0x081cfc43 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=148227393, vector=141171397, 
    maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:854
#34 0x08199603 in funcall_lambda (fun=141171581, nargs=3, arg_vector=
    0xbfffdf24) at eval.c:3174
#35 0x08199913 in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=0xbfffdf20) at eval.c:3047
#36 0x081d0930 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=148241313, vector=148913701, 
    maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:679
#37 0x0819911c in Feval (form=149307510) at eval.c:2358
#38 0x0819946f in Fprogn (args=148598062) at eval.c:395
#39 0x0809ed0e in Fsave_window_excursion (args=149307478) at
window.c:6471
#40 0x081cfc78 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=148245569, vector=148401309, 
    maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:840
#41 0x08199603 in funcall_lambda (fun=148406813, nargs=2, arg_vector=
    0xbfffe1a4) at eval.c:3174
#42 0x08199913 in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0xbfffe1a0) at eval.c:3047
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
#43 0x081d0930 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=148240937, vector=148406989, 
    maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:679
#44 0x08199603 in funcall_lambda (fun=148378517, nargs=1, arg_vector=
    0xbfffe2d4) at eval.c:3174
#45 0x08199913 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0xbfffe2d0) at eval.c:3047
#46 0x081d0930 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=149365417, vector=150383373, 
    maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:679
#47 0x08199603 in funcall_lambda (fun=150383845, nargs=0, arg_vector=
    0xbfffe444) at eval.c:3174
#48 0x08199913 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0xbfffe440) at eval.c:3047
#49 0x0819b383 in apply1 (fn=148549474, arg=148598062) at eval.c:2756
#50 0x08195637 in Fcall_interactively (function=148549474, record_flag=
    138399914, keys=138428093) at callint.c:376
#51 0x08199bdb in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=0xbfffe5d8) at eval.c:2996
#52 0x08199e01 in call3 (fn=138524954, arg1=148549474, arg2=138399914,
arg3=
    138399914) at eval.c:2820
#53 0x08139b3d in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1737
#54 0x081981a0 in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x81397b0
<command_loop_1>, 
    handlers=138430898, hfun=0x8134000 <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1460
#55 0x08133c95 in command_loop_2 (ignore=138399914) at keyboard.c:1338
#56 0x0819827a in internal_catch (tag=138428970, func=
    0x8133c70 <command_loop_2>, arg=138399914) at eval.c:1204
#57 0x08133e47 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1317
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
#58 0x081341db in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:940
#59 0x08134324 in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:1002
#60 0x08128b12 in main (argc=1, argv=0xbfffecd4) at emacs.c:1708
(gdb) 

Regards,
Alpar