Subject: Several packages have dbus service files with broken file paths

From: Nathan Dehnel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 04:18:27 -0500

I was investigating powerdevil and snapper being broken and I
discovered packages with incorrect file paths in the Exec line of
their dbus services

$ ls -d /gnu/store/**/share/dbus-1/services/** | grep -v
profile/share/dbus-1 | while read line; do grep Exec $line 2>
/dev/null | grep -v /gnu/store && echo $line >>/dev/stderr; done
Exec=libexec/fontinst
/gnu/store/6hz6j922gs1861h49id3ddjsg02cwkl1-plasma-workspace-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/services/org.kde.fontinst.service
Exec=libexec/fontinst
/gnu/store/nv8ccgy6jzfjkik5c5vy6id7dplnbb1y-plasma-workspace-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/services/org.kde.fontinst.service

$ ls -d /gnu/store/**/share/dbus-1/system-services/** | grep -v
profile/share/dbus-1 | while read line; do grep Exec $line 2>
/dev/null | grep -v /gnu/store && echo $line >>/dev/stderr; done
Exec=/usr/sbin/snapperd
/gnu/store/07dlq92dnm85k7rmgl9q5ma8r6jsy79n-snapper-0.10.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.opensuse.Snapper.service
# who have MM installed but turned off.  Thus the Exec path available to
# D-Bus is /bin/false, but systemd knows the real Exec path due to the MM
/gnu/store/16j7szl8lgjzb3fhm4b0mrs2dhd18pzr-modem-manager-1.18.12/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.service
Exec=libexec/kde_ufw_plugin_helper
/gnu/store/2pr3flqh8yjkyl5zdk6ymw7azhdsd5qn-plasma-firewall-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.ufw.service
Exec=/usr/sbin/snapperd
/gnu/store/2vlrhf10dxx5zl6pqzkk0hd06f7g1bqq-snapper-0.10.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.opensuse.Snapper.service
# who have MM installed but turned off.  Thus the Exec path available to
# D-Bus is /bin/false, but systemd knows the real Exec path due to the MM
/gnu/store/5ca8f1gcc5ahn9kh2994mxnkwhny7csw-modem-manager-1.18.12/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.service
Exec=libexec/fontinst_helper
/gnu/store/6hz6j922gs1861h49id3ddjsg02cwkl1-plasma-workspace-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.fontinst.service
Exec=libexec/backlighthelper
/gnu/store/7m8l38wvi92bdar6li8amjaxhnvs6ffi-powerdevil-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.powerdevil.backlighthelper.service
Exec=libexec/chargethresholdhelper
/gnu/store/7m8l38wvi92bdar6li8amjaxhnvs6ffi-powerdevil-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.powerdevil.chargethresholdhelper.service
Exec=libexec/discretegpuhelper
/gnu/store/7m8l38wvi92bdar6li8amjaxhnvs6ffi-powerdevil-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.powerdevil.discretegpuhelper.service
Exec=libexec/kauth_ktexteditor_helper
/gnu/store/7xjgrp07s6vni8nr9j6kg43my94x4kr4-ktexteditor-5.114.0/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.ktexteditor.katetextbuffer.service
Exec=libexec/kauth_ktexteditor_helper
/gnu/store/8bwwmnm1vsf16950cdm70c1vd8a1rhg4-ktexteditor-5.114.0/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.ktexteditor.katetextbuffer.service
Exec=libexec/kde_ufw_plugin_helper
/gnu/store/d5vwa7vdcnf4vmarb9dz2690jgylxblp-plasma-firewall-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.ufw.service
Exec=/usr/sbin/snapperd
/gnu/store/gc335dlb1y368fhv8625lmgp6bj1g3in-snapper-0.10.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.opensuse.Snapper.service
Exec=libexec/ksysguardprocesslist_helper
/gnu/store/i1n66kjkc1yd4ni1wpsgd40w1wvf3sji-libksysguard-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.ksysguard.processlisthelper.service
Exec=libexec/kcmdatetimehelper
/gnu/store/l8f8fnv5ni0frawqh45yds1as494n26h-plasma-desktop-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.kcontrol.kcmclock.service
Exec=libexec/kded-smart-helper
/gnu/store/llvacn6ibdrigxhg1bhqgsvad3ivpyqd-plasma-disks-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.kded.smart.service
Exec=libexec/kinfocenter-dmidecode-helper
/gnu/store/mwlcz9f2dl650mvrhzll6c9msc4ppkhb-kinfocenter-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.kinfocenter.dmidecode.service
Exec=libexec/fontinst_helper
/gnu/store/nv8ccgy6jzfjkik5c5vy6id7dplnbb1y-plasma-workspace-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.fontinst.service
Exec=libexec/kded-smart-helper
/gnu/store/qw745xy5hz8viq4y6csrdw89nwyj0qxs-plasma-disks-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.kded.smart.service
Exec=libexec/kinfocenter-dmidecode-helper
/gnu/store/srb98cwh801f5hr80vwv4mlnmspjsy0d-kinfocenter-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.kinfocenter.dmidecode.service
Exec=libexec/ksysguardprocesslist_helper
/gnu/store/vhzhsdn13q1q8qfns23kb2l7w066ig7j-libksysguard-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.ksysguard.processlisthelper.service
Exec=libexec/kcmdatetimehelper
/gnu/store/wcc6skf3p74s0mmhhs32hrzk3p9srid6-plasma-desktop-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.kcontrol.kcmclock.service
Exec=libexec/backlighthelper
/gnu/store/zsszwz0q0h2vj4vbzw0lwj2vxvqjavn9-powerdevil-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.powerdevil.backlighthelper.service
Exec=libexec/chargethresholdhelper
/gnu/store/zsszwz0q0h2vj4vbzw0lwj2vxvqjavn9-powerdevil-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.powerdevil.chargethresholdhelper.service
Exec=libexec/discretegpuhelper
/gnu/store/zsszwz0q0h2vj4vbzw0lwj2vxvqjavn9-powerdevil-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.powerdevil.discretegpuhelper.service