Subject: bug#70529: closed (Re: [bug#70566] [PATCH] gnu: kauth: Fix KAUTH_HELPER_INSTALL_ABSOLUTE_DIR.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 14:49:02 +0000

Your bug report

#70529: Several packages have dbus service files with broken file paths

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
70529: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=70529
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#70566] [PATCH] gnu: kauth: Fix KAUTH_HELPER_INSTALL_ABSOLUTE_DIR.
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked],宋文武 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 10:48:03 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

[email-masked] writes:

> From: 宋文武 <[email-masked]>
>
> KAuth helpers use KAUTH_HELPER_INSTALL_ABSOLUTE_DIR as the prefix for "Exec="
> in their dbus service files, which should really be an absolute directory.
>
> Fixes <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/70529>.
>
> * gnu/packages/kde-frameworks.scm (kauth)[arguments]<#:phases>: In
> fix-cmake-install-directories phase, replace KAUTH_HELPER_INSTALL_DIR
> with '${KDE_INSTALL_LIBEXECDIR}/kauth' and KAUTH_HELPER_INSTALL_ABSOLUTE_DIR
> with '${KDE_INSTALL_FULL_LIBEXECDIR}/kauth'.

Applied!

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim

Subject: Several packages have dbus service files with broken file paths
From: Nathan Dehnel <[email-masked]>
To: bug-guix <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 04:18:27 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I was investigating powerdevil and snapper being broken and I
discovered packages with incorrect file paths in the Exec line of
their dbus services

$ ls -d /gnu/store/**/share/dbus-1/services/** | grep -v
profile/share/dbus-1 | while read line; do grep Exec $line 2>
/dev/null | grep -v /gnu/store && echo $line >>/dev/stderr; done
Exec=libexec/fontinst
/gnu/store/6hz6j922gs1861h49id3ddjsg02cwkl1-plasma-workspace-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/services/org.kde.fontinst.service
Exec=libexec/fontinst
/gnu/store/nv8ccgy6jzfjkik5c5vy6id7dplnbb1y-plasma-workspace-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/services/org.kde.fontinst.service

$ ls -d /gnu/store/**/share/dbus-1/system-services/** | grep -v
profile/share/dbus-1 | while read line; do grep Exec $line 2>
/dev/null | grep -v /gnu/store && echo $line >>/dev/stderr; done
Exec=/usr/sbin/snapperd
/gnu/store/07dlq92dnm85k7rmgl9q5ma8r6jsy79n-snapper-0.10.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.opensuse.Snapper.service
# who have MM installed but turned off.  Thus the Exec path available to
# D-Bus is /bin/false, but systemd knows the real Exec path due to the MM
/gnu/store/16j7szl8lgjzb3fhm4b0mrs2dhd18pzr-modem-manager-1.18.12/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.service
Exec=libexec/kde_ufw_plugin_helper
/gnu/store/2pr3flqh8yjkyl5zdk6ymw7azhdsd5qn-plasma-firewall-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.ufw.service
Exec=/usr/sbin/snapperd
/gnu/store/2vlrhf10dxx5zl6pqzkk0hd06f7g1bqq-snapper-0.10.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.opensuse.Snapper.service
# who have MM installed but turned off.  Thus the Exec path available to
# D-Bus is /bin/false, but systemd knows the real Exec path due to the MM
/gnu/store/5ca8f1gcc5ahn9kh2994mxnkwhny7csw-modem-manager-1.18.12/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.service
Exec=libexec/fontinst_helper
/gnu/store/6hz6j922gs1861h49id3ddjsg02cwkl1-plasma-workspace-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.fontinst.service
Exec=libexec/backlighthelper
/gnu/store/7m8l38wvi92bdar6li8amjaxhnvs6ffi-powerdevil-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.powerdevil.backlighthelper.service
Exec=libexec/chargethresholdhelper
/gnu/store/7m8l38wvi92bdar6li8amjaxhnvs6ffi-powerdevil-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.powerdevil.chargethresholdhelper.service
Exec=libexec/discretegpuhelper
/gnu/store/7m8l38wvi92bdar6li8amjaxhnvs6ffi-powerdevil-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.powerdevil.discretegpuhelper.service
Exec=libexec/kauth_ktexteditor_helper
/gnu/store/7xjgrp07s6vni8nr9j6kg43my94x4kr4-ktexteditor-5.114.0/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.ktexteditor.katetextbuffer.service
Exec=libexec/kauth_ktexteditor_helper
/gnu/store/8bwwmnm1vsf16950cdm70c1vd8a1rhg4-ktexteditor-5.114.0/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.ktexteditor.katetextbuffer.service
Exec=libexec/kde_ufw_plugin_helper
/gnu/store/d5vwa7vdcnf4vmarb9dz2690jgylxblp-plasma-firewall-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.ufw.service
Exec=/usr/sbin/snapperd
/gnu/store/gc335dlb1y368fhv8625lmgp6bj1g3in-snapper-0.10.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.opensuse.Snapper.service
Exec=libexec/ksysguardprocesslist_helper
/gnu/store/i1n66kjkc1yd4ni1wpsgd40w1wvf3sji-libksysguard-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.ksysguard.processlisthelper.service
Exec=libexec/kcmdatetimehelper
/gnu/store/l8f8fnv5ni0frawqh45yds1as494n26h-plasma-desktop-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.kcontrol.kcmclock.service
Exec=libexec/kded-smart-helper
/gnu/store/llvacn6ibdrigxhg1bhqgsvad3ivpyqd-plasma-disks-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.kded.smart.service
Exec=libexec/kinfocenter-dmidecode-helper
/gnu/store/mwlcz9f2dl650mvrhzll6c9msc4ppkhb-kinfocenter-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.kinfocenter.dmidecode.service
Exec=libexec/fontinst_helper
/gnu/store/nv8ccgy6jzfjkik5c5vy6id7dplnbb1y-plasma-workspace-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.fontinst.service
Exec=libexec/kded-smart-helper
/gnu/store/qw745xy5hz8viq4y6csrdw89nwyj0qxs-plasma-disks-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.kded.smart.service
Exec=libexec/kinfocenter-dmidecode-helper
/gnu/store/srb98cwh801f5hr80vwv4mlnmspjsy0d-kinfocenter-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.kinfocenter.dmidecode.service
Exec=libexec/ksysguardprocesslist_helper
/gnu/store/vhzhsdn13q1q8qfns23kb2l7w066ig7j-libksysguard-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.ksysguard.processlisthelper.service
Exec=libexec/kcmdatetimehelper
/gnu/store/wcc6skf3p74s0mmhhs32hrzk3p9srid6-plasma-desktop-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.kcontrol.kcmclock.service
Exec=libexec/backlighthelper
/gnu/store/zsszwz0q0h2vj4vbzw0lwj2vxvqjavn9-powerdevil-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.powerdevil.backlighthelper.service
Exec=libexec/chargethresholdhelper
/gnu/store/zsszwz0q0h2vj4vbzw0lwj2vxvqjavn9-powerdevil-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.powerdevil.chargethresholdhelper.service
Exec=libexec/discretegpuhelper
/gnu/store/zsszwz0q0h2vj4vbzw0lwj2vxvqjavn9-powerdevil-5.27.7/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kde.powerdevil.discretegpuhelper.service