Subject: Re: bug#70525: [PATCH] Make auto-reveal customizations easier to extend

From: Paul Nelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2024 18:10:32 +0200

Many thanks, Arash, for the explanation.  I'll be happy to adjust my
patch as you suggest if/when this is revisited.

For now, I wanted to remark that I don't see the patch installed when
I do git pull (or at https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/auctex.git, for
that matter).

I have one minor follow-up to this patch that I hoped to submit, and
then a bug-fix that I'll submit (after bug#70607 is closed, to avoid
merge conflicts), and then (fingers crossed) will lay off with the
patches for a bit.

Thanks again and best,

Paul

On Wed, May 1, 2024 at 3:58 PM Arash Esbati <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Paul Nelson <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > Do you see an advantage to modifying the behavior of the function
> > rather than the default customization value?
>
> I think it is cleaner; we have this sort of parsing also in other places
> around within AUCTeX.  But since I'm currently not able to change this,
> I've installed your patch.  We can revisit this later if necessary.
>
> Again, thanks for the patch and also responding to my messages.
> Closing.
>
> Best, Arash