Subject: bug#70525: closed (Re: bug#70525: [PATCH] Make auto-reveal customizations easier to extend)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 01 May 2024 13:59:02 +0000

Your bug report

#70525: [PATCH] Make auto-reveal customizations easier to extend

which was filed against the auctex package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
70525: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=70525
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#70525: [PATCH] Make auto-reveal customizations easier to extend
From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
To: Paul Nelson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 May 2024 15:58:21 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Paul Nelson <[email-masked]> writes:

> Do you see an advantage to modifying the behavior of the function
> rather than the default customization value?

I think it is cleaner; we have this sort of parsing also in other places
around within AUCTeX.  But since I'm currently not able to change this,
I've installed your patch.  We can revisit this later if necessary.

Again, thanks for the patch and also responding to my messages.
Closing.

Best, Arash

Subject: [PATCH] Make auto-reveal customizations easier to extend
From: Paul Nelson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 05:54:51 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

External packages (e.g., a couple that I've written) may wish to
provide navigation commands that automatically reveal previews and
folds, but auto-reveal behavior is currently controlled by defcustoms,
such as preview-auto-reveal, that are not easily extended:

(defcustom preview-auto-reveal
  '(eval (preview-arrived-via (key-binding [left]) (key-binding [right])
                              #'backward-char #'forward-char))
  "...")

I attach a patch that addresses this, without affecting default
behavior, by changing the default value of preview-auto-reveal so that
it refers to a list, (defcustom preview-auto-reveal-commands).
Similarly for TeX-fold-auto-reveal.

Thanks, best,

Paul