Subject: bug#70519: 30.0.50; Device for Emacs terminal I/O

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2024 20:40:54 +0200

On Mai 04 2024, Helmut Eller wrote:

>> On Mai 04 2024, Helmut Eller wrote:
>>
>>> 3) Now when I press C-c in terminal B, I see ^C.  This is not what I
>>>    expect. I would expect that Emacs is interrupted and exits the same
>>>    way a GUI Emacs exits when pressing C-c.
>>
>> Why do you expect that?  You have told Emacs to use a different
>> terminal, and a process can only have a single controlling terminal.  It
>> is unusual for GUI processes to have controlling terminals.
>
> I expect that so that I can press C-c in terminal B to interrupt and
> exit Emacs like in GUI mode.

Why do you expect that?  You have told Emacs to use a different
terminal, and a process can only have a single controlling terminal.  It
is unusual for GUI processes to have controlling terminals.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 7578 EB47 D4E5 4D69 2510  2552 DF73 E780 A9DA AEC1
"And now for something completely different."