Subject: Re: bug#70503: [PATCH] Add function "TeX-master-output-file"

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 17:24:13 +0200

Hi Keita,

Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]> writes:

> The proposed function seems reasonable enough and I think AUCTeX can
> accept it.
>
> To Tassilo & Arash: I'm not sure the new workflow after the inclusion of
> the main branch. Should I commit new changeset to main branch instead of
> master branch now? And should I add an entry for NEWS.org, in addition
> to commit message?

Thanks for looking at this.  The new workflow (for the time being) is
actually the old one: Push all changes to the master branch, and we can
merge that onto main when needed.  The only minor change is probably to
add noteworthy changes to NEWS.org and not to changes.texi.

And while we're at: I think we should review the patch in bug#70525 and
once installed, we can merge and start a new ELPA release, i.e., merge
master onto main, wait if somebody complains, and then bump the Version
number in auctex.el, voilà, in theory ;-)

@Paul: Do you have any other patches pending?  I think you're also
waiting for 14.0.5 in order to start the ELPA release of your packages,
right?

Best, Arash