Subject: bug#70488: closed ([PATCH 00/47] Astronomy 2024/02 updates.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 23:20:04 +0000

Your bug report

#70488: [PATCH 00/47] Astronomy 2024/02 updates.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
70488: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=70488
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: [PATCH 00/47] Astronomy 2024/02 updates.
From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 00:19:07 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Closing, wrong subject name.

--
Oleg

Subject: [PATCH 00/47] Astronomy 2024/02 updates.
From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 00:15:56 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix!

Mid spring update of astronomical software is ready to be reviewed. This time I've concentrated on
fixing build and check phases of some Python projects which are become complicated to pack with even
so powerful pyproject-build-system (no setup.py, dependencies to higher version of other packages,
requirement to build extension, ... the subject for guix dev mailing list indeed).

Main highlights:
- CFITSIO is updated to the latest 4.4.0 version and all dependent packages were checked.
- Stellarium is updated to the latest 24.1 version.
- A long chain of pended packages depending on plplot now started.
- Fixed issue with python-semantic-version on runtime,
  reported by Iliya Tikhonenko <[email-masked]>.

- added [5/5]
  - [X] psfex :: Astronomical PSF modelling and quality assessment
  - [X] python-assay :: Python testing framework
  - [X] python-pysiaf :: Handling SIAF for space telescopes
  - [X] python-supersmoother :: Python implementation of Friedman's Supersmoother
  - [X] scamp :: Compute astrometric solutions

- updated [30/30]
  - [X] cfitsio 4.3.1 -> 4.4.0
  - [X] indi 2.0.6 -> 2.0.7
  - [X] libxisf 0.2.11 -> 0.2.12
  - [X] parfive 2.0.2 -> 2.1.0
  - [X] python-asdf 3.1.0 -> 3.2.0
  - [X] python-asdf-astropy 0.6.0 -> 0.6.1
  - [X] python-astroplan 0.9.1 -> 0.10
  - [X] python-astropy 6.0.0 -> 6.0.1
  - [X] python-astropy-healpix 1.0.2 -> 1.0.3
  - [X] python-astropy-iers-data 0.2024.3.18.0.29.47 -> 0.2024.4.15.2.45.49
  - [X] python-bayesicfitting 3.2.0 -> 3.2.1
  - [X] python-casa-formats-io 0.2.2 -> 0.3.0
  - [X] python-crds 11.17.19 -> 11.17.20
  - [X] python-ginga 5.0.0 -> 5.0.1
  - [X] python-jwst 1.13.4 -> 1.14.0
  - [X] python-photutils 1.10.0 -> 1.12.0
  - [X] python-rad 0.19.0 -> 0.19.2
  - [X] python-regions 0.8 -> 0.9
  - [X] python-reproject 0.13.0 -> 0.13.1
  - [X] python-roman-datamodels 0.19.0 -> 0.19.1
  - [X] python-specutils 1.13.0 -> 1.14.0
  - [X] python-stcal 1.6.1 -> 1.7.0
  - [X] python-stdatamodels 1.10.0 -> 1.10.1
  - [X] python-stsci-imagestats 1.8.0 -> 1.8.2
  - [X] python-stsci-stimage 0.2.6 -> 0.2.8
  - [X] python-sunpy 5.1.1 -> 5.1.2
  - [X] python-synphot 1.3.0 -> 1.4.0
  - [X] python-tweakwcs 0.8.6 -> 0.8.7
  - [X] stellarium 23.4 -> 24.1

Plan for the next month to continue with packaging Astropy affiliated packages from the list
available at https://www.astropy.org/affiliated/registry.json, bring more foundation packages like
HELPix, which allow to start a new chain of dependent packages, check what is left to bring
python-yt.

Build stats:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
./pre-inst-env guix build cfitsio indi julia-arnoldimethod libxisf parfive psfex
python-asdf python-asdf-astropy python-assay python-astroplan python-astropy
python-astropy-healpix python-astropy-iers-data python-bayesicfitting
python-casa-formats-io python-crds python-exif-read python-gatspy python-ginga
python-jwst python-photutils python-pysiaf python-pytest-socket python-rad
python-regions python-reproject python-roman-datamodels python-skyfield
python-specutils python-stcal python-stdatamodels python-stsci-image
python-stsci-imagestats python-stsci-stimage python-sunpy python-supersmoother
python-synphot python-tweakwcs scamp stellarium

/gnu/store/vdnd125l2g3mmjng502gpn106f0lxp13-stellarium-24.1
/gnu/store/nfncz84xz8qh61s1zgk4bdsd4fzj18ir-scamp-2.10.0
/gnu/store/8blp5lk2wakaxq7gsj5qp3p9viy5d6ph-python-tweakwcs-0.8.7
/gnu/store/563bcym71ymp57kh6y13b0l4ci3836p1-python-synphot-1.4.0
/gnu/store/7243bmnjb129axdf8hl6ncb2izshg42b-python-supersmoother-0.4
/gnu/store/xmqrb8ylglpyxpd4jllrczvvsxssvrmd-python-sunpy-5.1.2
/gnu/store/zbr0cq0ym2gsa18fzgckkwmf6z25dm94-python-stsci-stimage-0.2.8
/gnu/store/iq15ji3g14lbzs4m0ly3xc5fbgm4zz08-python-stsci-imagestats-1.8.2
/gnu/store/jd7bw41528vxxzzcivb5skbky3wiszpl-python-stsci-image-2.3.5
/gnu/store/inp4vi19lch1517ci16qbnm1gwz757bl-python-stdatamodels-1.10.1
/gnu/store/q5p18dlpqy1080agp82qyqjkq41hrrpa-python-stcal-1.7.0
/gnu/store/fvh7f7si5sphwcl1n9pq98nzqhrmjslj-python-specutils-1.14.0
/gnu/store/zpcg7bby7099qhba8b0sxyl1dq83jh07-python-skyfield-1.48
/gnu/store/avdm2a6swr2c3yjf32rfdzyr5gbqdkfk-python-roman-datamodels-0.19.1
/gnu/store/izavyvszb36v6s9i2scza1anxjxpddaa-python-reproject-0.13.1
/gnu/store/7y5k2vh9n48bdd1vb8dri6lkc10r063a-python-regions-0.9
/gnu/store/k4gnfhws4bndjx4np6kmjxx4gapvgc52-python-rad-0.19.2
/gnu/store/wmri5wxmg5bhfva5kb09gx50bw3r1dg7-python-pytest-socket-0.7.0
/gnu/store/3lv3w97y7nm7d2m0q75rbhz994q8759d-python-pysiaf-0.22.0
/gnu/store/8lg6si6056vdp8ld520cyijpcs2pdvyf-python-photutils-1.12
/gnu/store/ca27y6dvrinvd90vhnd35b6pk60vsd1z-python-jwst-1.14.0
/gnu/store/0b1rld810g6qw61zfwxakm00y87hqyn9-python-ginga-5.0.1
/gnu/store/ch54g171q6dldmql8zy563d8rpka4b92-python-gatspy-0.3
/gnu/store/ar89f5lwrfb0jvkyfz50y8liccp84wwx-python-exif-read-3.0.0
/gnu/store/gcmashvb9arz03khxcw89frisvm92r99-python-crds-11.17.20
/gnu/store/iwwll5ma1zp5nma63l669z0j9a8z01yz-python-casa-formats-io-0.3.0
/gnu/store/1kj9s25w82n0rbv8nza3g04hdk5a8b3n-python-bayesicfitting-3.2.1
/gnu/store/j21bfrydd1ps24dv7agdrgjwb1ccxach-python-astropy-iers-data-0.2024.4.15.2.45.49
/gnu/store/gdxnfqryw4vk907jx3c38i6nkjbl4qkb-python-astropy-healpix-1.0.3
/gnu/store/gv5fvf68qdw0vzbcwmpys5y65rd8sjgs-python-astropy-6.0.1
/gnu/store/fdadfm1rgwhaz1na24lw797fchlnp7yf-python-astroplan-0.10
/gnu/store/0cnax1fn7qgp2dklsinfxsp529qymyms-python-assay-0.0.0-0.74617d7
/gnu/store/vsi6cqg75cnj5davswqm3m549gwn2q13-python-asdf-astropy-0.6.1
/gnu/store/scak8mnw103qycklyl6w5hz10yad39fs-python-asdf-3.2.0
/gnu/store/9c6n5zkd3wfchad9i0vaf3is3c56fk0v-psfex-3.24.2
/gnu/store/2c7ni6jxjvhwkrjh7fnvxnfb7k6lcrs1-parfive-2.1.0
/gnu/store/n2pg13iaqz8mwwny285921qlrc0576p0-libxisf-0.2.12
/gnu/store/wa8lgfra92xbwa59xixzpmlyk911k5ni-indi-2.0.7
/gnu/store/w0gnn3301ms307zdjshwpvcp7d0akj5p-cfitsio-4.4.0
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Dependent build stats:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
./pre-inst-env guix refresh --list-dependent cfitsio indi libxisf parfive psfex
python-asdf python-asdf-astropy python-assay python-astroplan python-astropy
python-astropy-healpix python-astropy-iers-data python-bayesicfitting
python-casa-formats-io python-crds python-exif-read python-gatspy python-ginga
python-jwst python-photutils python-pysiaf python-pytest-socket python-rad
python-regions python-reproject python-roman-datamodels python-skyfield
python-specutils python-stcal python-stdatamodels python-stsci-image
python-stsci-imagestats python-stsci-stimage python-sunpy python-supersmoother
python-synphot python-tweakwcs scamp stellarium
python-tweakwcs scamp stellarium

Building the following 28 packages would ensure 86 dependent packages are
rebuilt: [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]

/gnu/store/ca27y6dvrinvd90vhnd35b6pk60vsd1z-python-jwst-1.14.0
/gnu/store/53ca7byad86s8b76wf9lf6psdzqfjwr5-python-cesium-0.12.1
/gnu/store/dhyinp5s58zpj6fbl3n1v4wa14nhn229-python-radiospectra-0.5.0
/gnu/store/nfncz84xz8qh61s1zgk4bdsd4fzj18ir-scamp-2.10.0
/gnu/store/cxk4zw7vcqlwm6bk8fkkjhgjb4dfw6lk-python-astroalign-2.5.1
/gnu/store/23iywrrc0nvih9pnbsya1786fxviyidy-python-aplpy-2.1.0
/gnu/store/7920xfflxbdb5316yg56xrf34mgar2y4-python-asdf-zarr-0.0.3
/gnu/store/0jky435fla7hdxj3wqs04zqjrfv9h5m0-ginga-qt5-5.0.1
/gnu/store/0b1rld810g6qw61zfwxakm00y87hqyn9-python-ginga-5.0.1
/gnu/store/ahrjhknayszzxfwc872yg682kp6qm3xl-python-asdf-compression-0.0.1-0.57cc7e7
/gnu/store/dyyqx64jydq5k50rwwg2al5i8z52s0sc-python-poliastro-0.17.0
/gnu/store/fdadfm1rgwhaz1na24lw797fchlnp7yf-python-astroplan-0.10
/gnu/store/bnjhapnqsvynnxsc2zz7zcx4sk0m181z-labplot-2.10.1
/gnu/store/60nzh7pwbm11kkhxrhz6zlgz0qf9qiql-gwenview-23.08.5
/gnu/store/1gr204bg17xav3ncvjxhgqlmyg2q6n8l-julia-fitsio-0.17.1
/gnu/store/gvg3ffdgzkc110dzvsbcwgmzb901pa17-splash-3.10.3
/gnu/store/175jp1zq70h556ffn9166r8z77vy8q14-siril-1.2.1
/gnu/store/s4j9iyz6hi8cs8rx9h6wzxvn6zpicy38-aoflagger-3.4.0
/gnu/store/9fjpdh4facjj1my62hw58syqwns157hs-gnuastro-0.22
/gnu/store/isjd84aik55lpyfay3s7kfaw2c0fx9y4-glnemo2-1.21.0
/gnu/store/diyb7zv44188k8wfm98vlsh4r9fjnm8a-swarp-2.41.5
/gnu/store/qv1wyfwis43gbvkf39rr6mhn150c1939-phd2-2.6.13
/gnu/store/gvkcx2v2cs32rjxjkc2xahdh2aa8kkfa-julia-wcs-0.6.2
/gnu/store/8yp0p9xy59n5ci2xn2zzirwlw825b09w-alfa-2.2
/gnu/store/vdnd125l2g3mmjng502gpn106f0lxp13-stellarium-24.1
/gnu/store/7bkl0yjh3dhrfma5aadg0j5d78vazy5b-imppg-0.6.5
/gnu/store/wa8lgfra92xbwa59xixzpmlyk911k5ni-indi-2.0.7
/gnu/store/palpxpc470pl7vq8qflkv8l1brj61dlf-sextractor-2.28.0
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Sharlatan Hellseher (47):
  gnu: cfitsio: Update to 4.4.0.
  gnu: stellarium: Update to 24.1.
  gnu: indi-2.0: Update to 2.0.7.
  gnu: libxisf: Update to 0.2.12.
  gnu: python-pytest-socket: Update to 0.7.0.
  gnu: parfive: Update to 2.1.0.
  gnu: python-exif-read: Update to 3.0.0.
  gnu: Add python-pysiaf.
  gnu: Add python-supersmoother.
  gnu: python-asdf: Update to 3.2.0.
  gnu: python-asdf-astropy: Update to 0.6.1.
  gnu: python-astropy-iers-data: Update to 0.2024.4.15.2.45.49.
  gnu: python-astropy: Symplify package.
  gnu: python-astropy: Update to 6.0.1.
  gnu: python-astropy-healpix: Update to 1.0.3.
  gnu: python-jwst: Update to 1.14.0.
  gnu: python-stcal: Update to 1.7.0.
  gnu: python-stdatamodels: Update to 1.10.1.
  gnu: python-stsci-imagestats: Update to 1.8.2.
  gnu: python-stsci-image: Refresh package style.
  gnu: python-synphot: Add custom check phase.
  gnu: python-synphot: Update to 1.4.0.
  gnu: python-tweakwcs: Adjust indentation.
  gnu: python-tweakwcs: Update to 0.8.7.
  gnu: python-ginga: Update to 5.0.1.
  gnu: python-ginga: Set HOME for sanity check.
  gnu: python-gatspy: Refresh package style.
  gnu: python-bayesicfitting: Refresh package style.
  gnu: python-bayesicfitting: Update to 3.2.1.
  gnu: Add python-assay.
  gnu: python-skyfield: Enable tests.
  gnu: python-sunpy: Update to 5.1.2.
  gnu: python-astroplan: Update to 0.10.
  gnu: python-rad: Update to 0.19.2.
  gnu: python-regions: Update to 0.9.
  gnu: python-roman-datamodels: Update to 0.19.1.
  gnu: python-casa-formats-io: Update to 0.3.0.
  gnu: python-specutils: Update to 1.14.0.
  gnu: python-photutils: Update to 1.12.
  gnu: python-reproject: Update to 0.13.1.
  gnu: python-reproject: Enable tests.
  gnu: python-asdf: Adjust inputs.
  gnu: python-crds: Update to 11.17.20.
  gnu: python-stsci-stimage: Update to 0.2.8.
  gnu: python-stsci-stimage: Adjust test steps.
  gnu: Add scamp.
  gnu: Add psfex.

 gnu/packages/astronomy.scm      | 709 +++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 gnu/packages/python-check.scm   |  65 ++-
 gnu/packages/python-science.scm |  25 ++
 gnu/packages/python-web.scm     |   4 +-
 gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm     |   4 +-
 5 files changed, 544 insertions(+), 263 deletions(-)

base-commit: 43a4215cad8c6da357f895569c0cedf5e854cee0
-- 
2.41.0