Subject: Re: [bug-diffutils] bug#70473: [PATCH] tests: fix stdin tests

From: Tanmay <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 10:10:44 +0530

>
> Oh, that's one big advantage of free software: you can read the source
> code, and change it if it doesn't meet your needs.
>
Indeed, that's the reason we all love Free Software.

Thank you very much for directing me to that piece of code. I was
struggling a bit to understand it.

Thanks,
Tanmay

On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 at 23:58, Paul Eggert <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On 4/19/24 11:17, Tanmay wrote:
> > I've grown more curious about how this feature is implemented to handle
> > stdin.
>
> Oh, that's one big advantage of free software: you can read the source
> code, and change it if it doesn't meet your needs. GNU diff implements
> this feature by using openat. See:
>
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/diffutils.git/tree/src/diff.c#n1541
>