Subject: Re: Request for merging "core-updates" branch

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2024 14:12:06 +0100

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> writes:

> I've spent a bunch of time in the last few days trying to see if I can
> get the bordeaux build farm moving on core-updates and I think things
> are moving at pace now.

Following on from this, builds have mostly paused for the last few days
as many changes have landed on the master branch.

There's a few impactful changes in this range [1] (subversion,
git-minimal, qt-build-system, ...) but also going back just over a week
there were the lisp-team changes pushed to master (ecl and sbcl updates)
which I don't think are in core-updates yet.

1: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/log/?qt=range&q=c5fc11488c..831001c581

It's hard to tell how these changes will interact with those on
core-updates but I think we need to just rebase the branch and find out.

I've now done that and pushed it as core-updates-next. This is mostly to
allow others to make changes to core-updates-next today, before swapping
it out with core-updates tomorrow.

This core-updates-next also includes a few additional patches, plus the
contents of tex-team, since that was next in the queue, and the changes
shouldn't be risky.

Some good progress was made with building core-updates, so I'm hoping
that with this next iteration (and hopefully a quiet period on the
master branch) we can get to the point where we can merge.